jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

I feel dumb, but what in the world is Kontera?

1. Robin Layne profile image80
    Robin Layneposted 7 years ago

Everybody talks about Kontera knowledgably but me. I never saw any instructions as to what it is and how to sign up for it. Should I? How?

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Waste of time as far as I am concerned. I have turned it off. They pay roughly 20% of what adsense will pay, but still only pay out on $100. So - you can work out how long it will take to get paid. smile

I am still waiting for my first payment after 6 months........

2. 0
    Leta Sposted 7 years ago

Hi, Robin-
    I'm not an expert at all, but Kontera is an adv. program affiliate you can use on your hubs if you like.  If you go to your account button, and hit 'affiliates,' there is information that will walk you through the initial set up.

Kontera is the highlighted words you see on a lot of web pages--when viewers click on the words within your article, you earn $$ (or cents at the moment in my case!).

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago
  4. kerryg profile image87
    kerrygposted 7 years ago

There have been several discussions here on the forums about whether Kontera is worth signing up for or not. Some people seem to think yes, some no. Here are a couple of them:

5. 0
    Leta Sposted 7 years ago

I'm thinking those who write content oriented articles on non-consumer or review type topics may fair some better, because people get engaged in the text itself.  I am a little bit of both--commercial and essay/topic based--as a writer, so...

My Kontera seems to be earning a little everyday, and I have just started it...  Tho a little lower than adsense earnings, it is true.

6. 0
    Leta Sposted 7 years ago

BTW--and since I don't want to start another topic here--

Is it OK to unpublish some of your hubs that are season specific?  I'm thinking of all my Xmas shopping ideas.  Will this help your overall rating, or not?

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Leave them - they will pick up next year, and will not adversely affect your score. You will get better results next year if you leave them up.

See my turkey recipes smile  They only get traffic at Thanksgiving and Christmas.

7. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Hey...that would be cool ... if articles ... auto-archived! lol smile just a thought

8. mdvaldosta profile image60
    mdvaldostaposted 7 years ago

Kontera pays poorly. If you have half-decent paying Adsense clicks then I wouldn't recommend it.

9. 0
    newsworthyposted 7 years ago

For a newbie, you all sure make sleepless nights of reading how-to relaxing.

10. 0
    multimasteryposted 7 years ago

I would not recommend Kontera, low pay, long payout.  Stick to Google Adsense instead!