jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Resolved: Please Move Philosophy Forum Category

1. jacharless profile image81
    jacharlessposted 4 years ago

I would like to propose the moving of the Philosophical Topic and Forum Category from the Theological {Religion & Beliefs} into its own Topic and Discussion. Many of we philologists and philosophers prefer to be void of the stereotype when writing about arguments or subjects, even though sometimes the sciences and theologies do come into play. It is also a very trendy area and brings with it a vast array of writers, thinkers and such. Would be very thoughtful, on Hub Pages part, to have a standalone area dedicated to Philosophical ideas, Publications {books, white papers, etc, Historical Thinkers, Modern Approaches, Pseudo and Mechanical Philosophy to name a few} and discussions surrounding them.

Thanks in advance,

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

2. Shadesbreath profile image90
    Shadesbreathposted 4 years ago

The ontology of God is a pretty core component of Western philosophy. Would you kick Erasmus or Aquinas out of the room?

Not that we get many of those, I admit. It's usually, "He does so exist, it says so right here!" Which, I feel you on.

And what does philology have to do with it?

3. JakeFrost profile image60
    JakeFrostposted 4 years ago

I completely agree with this and was actually going to suggest this myself.

For some philosophical discussions/hubs/questions etc. you may want a non-religious viewpoint. One that is more open-minded

4. jacharless profile image81
    jacharlessposted 4 years ago

Thank you Gentlemen, let us hope this is seen and implemented.

@shadesbreath: Philology has everything to do with it. The major portion of studying historical philosophies is the language used by the thinker and how, over time, words changed and altered many arguments//considerations.

5. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

I agree. Religion is a part of philosophy, not the other way around.

6. 0
    Motown2Chitownposted 4 years ago

There is a stand alone Philosophy category under the Education and Science category.  smile

7. Jason Menayan profile image61
    Jason Menayanposted 4 years ago

Thank you for pointing that out, Motown2Chitown. We'll keep them as-is for now. smile

1. 0
      Motown2Chitownposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I aim to please.  smile