jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Should I combine multiple topics into one HP account?

1. 0
    chewhowposted 4 years ago

I understand we are allow to have multiple HP account. However, should I combine multiple topics into one HP account? Or it is better for me to split them? For example, cooking HP, investment HP and photography HP, all in multiple account.

1. tussin profile image60
      tussinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The disadvantage is that if you are enrolled in the HP Ads earnings program, each account must reach the $50 payout threshold on its own.  If you write all your hubs under one account, you will probably reach payout faster.  Other than that, I don't see any negatives to separating your content into different accounts.

2. Dale Hyde profile image86
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I just have the one account that covers various topics. I have considered creating other sub-domains, but I don't know if I would have adequate time to keep up with them all.

I do agree with the fact that should I take my material and split it up, then the earnings would certainly take longer to payout on each account.

After reading this forum post, I do believe I will give this option some more thought.

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

I think having all articles of your interests and expertise in such areas is good, in one place. Others will say, keep them separate, since each topic may have over all different levels of earnings smile  you will see the important information on your analytics and easily be able to identify and build up the strong earners wink  jmo

3. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 4 years ago

One very good reason for splitting up your topics into separate subdomains, is that if one account gets Google slapped, you don't lose all your earnings at once.

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image89
      Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Is that true? I have one Google Adsense account, regardless of how many blogs and/or hubpages account names I have. I haven't seen any reason not to do it that way, but are we able to have more than one Google account?

1. 0
        chewhowposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I just check, each HP account needs to attach with different email account. Which means I need multiple of email accounts as well.

1. IzzyM profile image86
          IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Correct, but if you use Gmail, they make it really easy for you smile

2. IzzyM profile image86

No no I am not talking about Google Adsense accounts, but about subdomains here on HP.

3. mistyhorizon2003 profile image90
        mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Deleted

1. IzzyM profile image86

Got it in one!

working