jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

New Hubber In Need Of Constructive Criticism!

1. DBridges80 profile image60
    DBridges80posted 4 years ago

I am relatively new to HubPages and i have published several hubs that i have put hard work and effort in to, however, they aren't getting many views so i'm assuming something is wrong, looking for someone to view my Hubs and provide constructive criticism to help me provide better Hubs for the future!

The Forum Rules state that i am not allowed to provide links so you will have to go on my account and see my Hubs that way smile

Thanks in advance and i hope to hear from you in the near future!

2. Reality Bytes profile image94
    Reality Bytesposted 4 years ago

You can place links in the "Extreme Hub Makeover" category!

Welcome to HP

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

Welcome to HubPages smile you'll find a good community and awesome HP team in the background wink alright, I read this article :

http://dbridges80.hubpages.com/hub/Anal … m-for-Free

It's way too short. I would add more body to the text. Inviting people to comment for a free dream analysis doesn't really do a lot except read as a advertisement hmm when you write, answer the what, where, when, who, why and how in point form, then make paragraphs. It has potential but needs more body.

DBridges80posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your advice!
      And yeah, that was one of the Hubs where i didn't really put much effort in, i have some really long ones that don't seem to do much either, one with over 2,000 words i believe.

4. theliz profile image60
    thelizposted 4 years ago

Hey I just found your question and took a look (very brief) at some of your hubs.  My favorite was the one about the dinosaurs.  It was most engaging because of the photographic content and personal pov.  Here are my initial thoughts for what they are worth.

#1 You should work on grammar and punctuation/capitalization.  I know I'm a former English teacher, but the rules are the rules for a reason here.  Proofread your hubs very carefully for repetitive sentences and word choices and to ensure all words are correctly capitalized (I saw a lot of lower case "i" in the hubs I looked at

#2 Make more of a statement.  Don't be afraid to include a stronger point of view in your writing.  Taking a stance on an issue draws readers in and makes the work more interesting to read

#3 Try products.  In the recipe hubs it may help to include pictures of and maybe even links to tools that are needed to prepare the recipe.  This could attract readers who use a search engine if you have included items that they can buy

Good luck and keep it up.  Seems like with a little tweaking your hubs will be great.

DBridges80posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks and great information! smile and yeah, I often make the mistake of not capitalizing the I in my writing.

I will try and put some of your tips to good use, thanks!