jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Using the 'Questions' section...

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
    DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years ago

When you ask a question, is there a way of 'bumping' it up to the top of the queue again, if it has gone unanswered for 2 weeks?
    I know you can do that on forum posts, by simply adding another comment....

Or, should I slightly re-phrase the question and start over, asking it again?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If you just want an answer, you could simply try posting the same question in the relevant forum.

DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There is no 'relevant forum' for this question, which is why I posted it under 'questions.'  People post off-the-wall questions there, totally unrelated to hubs or their functioning....things like "why is the sky blue," or "what should I do about a kitten with runny eyes?"
        This is "one of those" kinds of questions--regarding types of apples (the fruit, not the computers).

I wasn't questioning your decision to post it as a Question, just trying to think of alternatives, since it doesn't sound like that avenue is working. 

You could try posting in the "Gardening" section, which is under "Home" - or maybe the "Cooking" section? 

http://hubpages.com/forum/9

Thanks, Marisa--I was not even aware there were such forums..most of the ones I've seen have been 'help' with this-that-or the other functions of HP, glitches, etc...or the hub makeover, or the jokes and games forums...
            Thanks for the link to the one that might help...

I must admit, I never scroll down to those forums and when I was about to type my post, I suddenly wondered, "Will it be worth posting in the cooking forum? Maybe no one else goes there either!"   So I went and checked, and there were several recent posts - so obviously we're in the minority!

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

There is no way of bumping a question, but I've found that things have a way of getting answers even after a longer period of time.

There is an option for deleting questions. 

Repeatedly asking variations on the same question sounds like an undesirable behavior and will probably result in the moderators shutting many down.

Pfft...phooey..well, since I want the answer sooner than later, I guess I'd better search on Google instead.....I was just under the impression that answering questions helped people's hub scores, so I try to ask here, first, in case anyone's score needs that bump....

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

I usually go through the 'unanswered' questions first wink popular ones don't need more answers, least that's my rationale lol

working