jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Hub beginner - What drives you to write?

1. cherryhathaway profile image60
    cherryhathawayposted 4 years ago

Not everyone has the passion to write. Others have it but at times too lazy to write. How can writing be a regular thing?

1. Denise Handlon profile image88
      Denise Handlonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Not sure what you are really asking here, Cherry.  I know I read your profile, found it interesting, read your one hub, found that interesting as well...but, for whatever reasons, you've not added any new hubs.   

I can relate if you are very busy...but, maybe that is what this question is getting at?  Your lack of motivation to write?   

Writing becomes a regular thing like any other discipline-you do it every day for X # of words or X number of hours until it becomes habit.    Good luck.

cherryhathawayposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hello Denise, I'm so new to this community! big_smile Well, perhaps I needed some ideas on how to keep writing over here going.

But thanks for the reply! I really hope it becomes a habit over here as I try to balance my time at work and writing here.

2. 0
      Casimiroposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It will help you if you start creating a pipeline of ideas, at least 20 or more. You can do that a number of ways, the simplest is just to brainstorm and write out as many ideas, no matter how goofy they may sound to you, as fast as you can. Or, you can keep some kind of journal and just write down ideas as the pop into your head or based on some event or observation you recently participated in. It's really hard to just think of one single thing you want to write about at a given moment.

2. theliz profile image60
    thelizposted 4 years ago

I have found that as I try and detox from my television habit I am finding more time to write.  I have to do something with all my opinions! Also, if you are looking for inspiration on HubPages specifically, I have found that participating in forums and weekly inspiration questions is very motivating.
    Good Luck!

cherryhathawayposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well, that's a good advise theliz. I should do that, getting the inspiration I need to get this going. I really wanted to write and write but I don't know I just can't keep making it a habit. Perhaps I get tired already from work when I arrive home. But, I will do something to really keep writing a habit. Thanks for your time!

3. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago

Eventually, you'll find that everything you come across in day to day life will catch your attention as a writer. Even the mundane things. You'll start to think like a writer and analyse everything you come across, you'll be looking for the potential for an article in everything!

1. habee profile image91
      habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I soooo agree! I even dream about writing! lol

4. Cardisa profile image90
    Cardisaposted 4 years ago

Let me answer before I read the other responses as I want to be totally unique.

I think I was born to do this. Since I was 15 I haven't dreamed of doing anything but. If I should never be able to write again, I know I would die a soon death. Nothing gives me more satisfaction. I don't ever want to go back to whatever it was that I did all those years, felt like I was wasting time. I could go on but won't...lol

5. 60
    litsonposted 4 years ago

Writing on some of these topics takes my mind off some other aspects of my life.