jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

SUGGESTION: Allow Editing of Hub URL before (and after) publishing.

1. Christine Miranda profile image88
    Christine Mirandaposted 4 years ago

I was almost done with a hub and noticed a typo in the title. It allowed me to edit the title but it doesn't edit the URL.

I can understand not allowing change after URL (ok, not really) but you should be able to edit the URL before publishing. When you click publish I think a box should open showing you URL and Hub title with the option to publish or edit first.

I am sure I am not the only one who to name a Hub, start writing, then take the Hub in a new direction that requires renaming the Hub. Am I?  smile

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't worry about the URL when I change the title. It really doesn't hurt and it might even get you more hits.  The title and the keywords you use are more important.

2. tussin profile image61
      tussinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If you haven't even begun to write the hub, just start over with the a new correctly spelled url.

2. Christine Miranda profile image88
    Christine Mirandaposted 4 years ago

Thanks but I am OCD.. LOL.  It isn't just the typo. I started a hub expecting to write about one thing then it took on a life of its own and became something totally different.

So now I have a URL that says one thing and a hub that says another.  Isn't that a TOS for misleading?

Also, I keep a list of all my hubs long and short URL's to link to future hubs when appropriate. Not much help if the URL's don't reflect the content. Not a big deal with 15 or so hubs but hit 50 and it will be a nuisance to remember what is what.

I have had to delete and restart a half dozen hubs already. sad

3. MickiS profile image95
    MickiSposted 4 years ago

This is a great suggestion, Christine. At least before a Hub is published, we should allow you to edit the URL the same way that you can edit the title and summary.

I'll capture this one for the next time we make any changes to the HubTool.

1. Christine Miranda profile image88
      Christine Mirandaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Micki! smile

working