jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Why isn't my article showing in Google?

1. sergs_pogi profile image60
    sergs_pogiposted 4 years ago

Hello everyone. I've published another hub on Sept. 07, 2012. It's about tips on effective writing. I wonder why it's not showing up in Google SERPs until now. Please shed light on this. Thanks.

1. Dale Hyde profile image86
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sometimes this has happened to me. What I do is go to Google Webmaster Tools...click on my domain there for HubPages, then click "health", then "fetch with Google".  I then submit the hub URL to be fetched and once fetched, I then click the option to have the hub indexed over there at the right of the URL.  If you do this, don't paste the whole URL in there, just from the "hub.....forward, as it already has your sub-domain in there.

2. 0
      Casimiroposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It takes time for Google to crawl the site so there is a lag time.

http://support.google.com/webmasters/bi … er=1352276 has all instructions.

2. sergs_pogi profile image60
    sergs_pogiposted 4 years ago

Thanks all for the help. I checked my hub today, and it is already in the SERPs, although not in the first few pages. I cannot find it within the first few pages of Google for the keyword phrase I want to high rankly for.

1. 0
      Casimiroposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If you type in your keywords to Google how many hits are there total?

3. timorous profile image91
    timorousposted 4 years ago

If you look in Google Keyword Tool, what is the search volume for the keyword phrase 'tips on effective writing'? If it's more than..say, 8000 a month for an exact search, it'll take you a long time, and a lot of backlinking to make it to the first page of search results. Perhaps you should choose a phrase that doesn't have as much competition...

working