jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

best security softwere for free.

1. JollieOllie profile image60
    JollieOllieposted 8 years ago

I have avg and it is prity good it is free and others me free internet security.

:cool

1. gbrgn profile image82
      gbrgnposted 8 years ago in reply to this

try spybot search and destroy, best of all, it's free.
      http://www.download.com/Spybot-Search-a … 22137.html

i use it in conjunction with my virus program.

1. brad4l profile image83
        brad4lposted 8 years ago in reply to this

When I am cleaning up someones computer, I usually use a combination of Ad-Aware and Spybot. Usually I run Ad-Aware first, because I find it goes faster. Then I run Spybot. I have had instances where both have found things the other did not.

1. gbrgn profile image82
          gbrgnposted 8 years ago in reply to this

same here. i was using adaware for a few months without running my spybot because i had more trust in adaware. adaware said everything was OK. then I decided to update my spybot and run it. well, spybot found 2 internet viruses that adaware didn't. now i run both every few days.

2. charlemont profile image83
    charlemontposted 8 years ago

Do you mean other free antivirus programs? Not many of them, actually, are free, if we exclude trials and demo versions.
    Avast Home Edition is another completely free suite, for non-commercial purposes.

3. JollieOllie profile image60

Thanks great info.

Not many of them, actually, are free, if we exclude trials and demo versions.

I agree but you still get the odd thew.

4. gamergirl profile image62
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

MalwareBytes is a good program when coupled with avast antivirus, the free versions of both complement one another. smile

5. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 8 years ago

There is adware and malware. Adware is tracking cookies and malware is like 'Blackmail Virus', where they get one to click on their free virus system check, but that gives you a virus. Then they take control of all your search, and want you pay them to get rid of the virus. Spybot - Search & Destroy to find and get rid of the cookies.
    A malware remover to get rid of the virus. Don't pay for it or you are paying blackmail, no matter who you pay it to - legit or not.

6. JollieOllie profile image60

They are some virus that dont do much. How come?

working