jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

SUGGESTION: Ability to link Hubpages subdomains 2 Bing Webmaster tools

1. 0
    ateinposted 4 years ago

Hubpages Sub-domains can be linked to Google Webmaster Tools via Google Analytics . However there doesn't seem to be a way to connect a HP sub-domain to Bing Webmaster tools because the methods that are used in Bing Webmaster tools to verify a site cannot be used with HP subdomains . It would be great if Hubpages would find a way around this allowing HP subdomains to be verified and linked to Bing Webmaster tools.

2. MickiS profile image94
    MickiSposted 4 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion, atein. This is something that we will definitely keep in mind for the future.

3. Writer Fox profile image79
    Writer Foxposted 3 years ago

This problem still exists and it is a HUGE problem. 

The Bing instructions say to:
    Option 1
    Download BingSiteAuth.xml
    Upload the file to http://writerfox.hubpages.com/BingSiteAuth.xml
    Confirm successful upload by visiting http://writerfox.hubpages.com/BingSiteAuth.xml in your browser
    Click the verify button below

Option 2

You can add a <meta> tag containing the authentication code to the <head> section of your default webpage.
    <meta name="msvalidate.01" content="FE4BDEFD6BA48F7E999798A9FA720BA2" />
    An example:
            <meta name="msvalidate.01" content="FE4BDEFD6BA48F7E999798A9FA720BA2" />
            <title>Your SEO optimized title</title>
            page contents

Option 3

Add CNAME (alias) record with name 270dc30887bcf6f68fb96695151dfb9e and value verify.bing.com.
    So your DNS provider will resolve host 270dc30887bcf6f68fb96695151dfb9e.writerfox.hubpages.com to verify.bing.com.
    How to add a CNAME record to: 'Your DNS Provider'

Is Hubpages still working on this?

4. sabrebIade profile image85
    sabrebIadeposted 3 years ago

It would be nice since Bing is sending me more traffic than Google now.

5. Yvonne Decelis profile image79
    Yvonne Decelisposted 3 years ago

I am writing in to add my voice to this. I would LOVE to add my page to Bink and I apparently can't which I'm not thrilled about.

6. 0
    summerberrieposted 3 years ago

This was brought up before awhile back. Someone on HP said it might be a possibility especially if lots of people were interested. I'm glad HP looks favorable to the possibility.

7. Yvonne Decelis profile image79
    Yvonne Decelisposted 3 years ago

I am glad as well. I really hope this is something that can be fixed...