jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (13 posts)

All bold, ALL CAPS and huge block paragraphs............Really Now?!?

1. Cardisa profile image90
    Cardisaposted 4 years ago

There should be some way that the system could detect some of these. A soon as someone decide to make their entire hub all caps or all bold the filters would be alerted.

There are four things I can't read through easily. I will blame it on having astigmatism.

1) ALL CAPS
    2) All bold text for the entire hub
    3)One huge block paragraph
    4)An entire hub in italic

What say you?

1. profile image0
      Arlene V. Pomaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Cardisa, I don't know how this could be done.  As soon as I see these examples that you have mentioned, this is a big red flag for me.  With or without my glasses.  So, I automatically move on.  These samples are not considered professional.  It is like begging to be read.  But, I see this all the time with so-called writers.  It screams, "Pay ATTENTION to me because as far as the writing goes, I have nothing to offer you!"

Cardisaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

lol it really gets to me. I know that many people who aspire to make money online were never exposed to writing before, but gosh, you must realize this sin't the way to go. Obviously you haven't been reading much quality work. I am no expert but was never tempted to write like that.

2. relache profile image87
        relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It should be something that could be detected with a filter.

But until it's invented please flag those sorts of Hubs for the moderators (low quality includes poorly formatted) and then move on.

I do that. But still can't believe that people here longer than I have been are still doing it...lol

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88
            Patty Inglish, MSposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Probably still using poor formatting, because no one has flagged them or told them about the effect their formatting has on others yet.

I think you are right Patty, that's exactly it. I m sure not passing them by, I will flag them.

1. brakel2 profile image86
                brakel2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

All writers should be aware of this formatting error . I have seen it many times and cannot believe such an error still occurs. Hopefully, this can be caught by the new publishing procedure by a filter.

When you start writing for the first time I can understand that maybe you don't know but after a few weeks or months you should catch on.

2. tussin profile image59
    tussinposted 4 years ago

BUT HOW ELSE WILL I CONVINCE YOU VIA MY PURELY PERSONAL HUB THAT MY RELIGIO-POLITICAL VIEWS ARE THE ONLY CORRECT ONES????!!!!!!??????? ALSO HERE IS A BUNCH OF BADLY FORMATTED BIBLE QUOTES TO SUPPORT MY POSITION. ARE YOU CONVINCED YET?????!!!!!!!??????

1. brakel2 profile image86
      brakel2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

No reply

2. galleryofgrace profile image81
      galleryofgraceposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Amen

3. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 4 years ago

No.  But you don't have to yell to make your point because I can hear you.

working