jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Odd (probably Spam) Traffic from Amazon

1. Redberry Sky profile image93
    Redberry Skyposted 4 years ago

I got a spike of traffic between about 8 and 10 (GMT) last night, 100+ visitors, which is way more than I usually get in that space of time.

Looking at my Analytics stats, these are Direct traffic hits, but appear to have come from Amazon.com (there’s a big corresponding spike of 100+ for that domain under Audience>Technology>Network in my Analytics too).

There are no Content Page spikes – if it was real traffic, I’d expect such a spike to come to a single page (if a seller had linked to a product review maybe) but this unexpected (and no doubt spam) traffic appears to have spread itself out across my Hubs.

Not sure if we’re expected to report suspected spam traffic to HP, so I thought I’d post this here and ask others for advice.

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Did it come with a higher number of Adsense clicks? If so, you should report it to Adsense.

1. Redberry Sky profile image93
        Redberry Skyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for replying, WryLilt. No, no clicks (first time I've been pleased about that!).  Just thought because HPads is impression-based unusual traffic might be a concern because of advertisers.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
          Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'd report it anyway Redberry Sky, something similar happened to me and a few others a few months ago and the traffic was from Facebook.

working