jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

SUGGESTION: Add the short URL next to the hub title account settings

1. denisemai profile image90
    denisemaiposted 4 years ago

To share my hubs on social networks I need to go into each hub, artificially showing as a reader, to grab the link. If there was a way to grab the link without going into the hub, our stats would be more accurate.

1. MickiS profile image96
      MickiSposted 4 years ago

The short URL is available in the Hub Metrics tab under Stats when you view a Hub. Even to grab the long URL to your Hub, you still have to view it and copy/paste from your browser URL field.

1. Aficionada profile image94
        Aficionadaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

MickiS, when I am working at my desktop computer (not my iPad as I am doing now), I just right click on the title on the My Account > Hubs page to grab the long URL. Am I doing something wrong?

2. denisemai profile image90
        denisemaiposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Micki--I know how to grab the URL from Hub Metrics and do it to post on Twitter of FB. But, aren't I showing up as a reader when I do that? Or, even worse, a reader who only looked at my article for less than 10 seconds. You have to open the article in order to access Hub Metrics--a tool I am obsessed with, btw.

2. melbel profile image91
      melbelposted 4 years ago

I know this doesn't give a direct solution to your problem, but if you use Google Analytics instead of the HubMetrics section, you can apply an IP block (I do this) so that your own views won't show up in your Analytics.

I wish there were something like this for HP, tbh.