jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Borders

1. agilitymach profile image99
    agilitymachposted 4 years ago

I have figured out how to create borders for my hubs to help separate content.  My question is what do you guys think about the borders in this hub?

http://agilitymach.hubpages.com/hub/The … ne-Citizen

I like the "free form" look of the border that was created with the "Paint" program and a free-form "brush."  But, while I like it, I'm wondering if the crooked-line-look bothers others.

I have several of these borders in different colors ready to go for other hubs.  Do you guys think it's creative or annoying. smile

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Quite a lot of people use image dividers in their hubs. However I have to say - those ones LOOK like a kid drew them in paint and don't really add to the overall professionalism of the article. Sorry.

1. agilitymach profile image99
        agilitymachposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No, that's OK. smile  It's not offensive.  Any other opinions?

2. Rosie2010 profile image82
    Rosie2010posted 4 years ago

I use borders at lot.  I love them.  I took a look at your borders and the crooked-line-look sticks out like a sore thumb.  Maybe the color is too bright, try to make it lighter and see.  Also, try to make it thinner, maybe that will work better.  Experiment, experiment, experiment.

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7160051_f248.jpg

3. 2uesday profile image88
    2uesdayposted 4 years ago

I think used in this way they might stop the reader at the end of a section, rather than continuing to read down the page.  The color and width might be making them stand out more than the text. You could try breaking the border/divider up ----   - - - -  like a dotted line.

4. christin53 profile image80
    christin53posted 4 years ago

I've just had a look at your hub and while I like borders to separate content yours are too bold for my liking I would prefer them thinner and less crooked. I've seen some really nice ones on the internet that are straight and just curl up at the ends. I hope this helps.

5. agilitymach profile image99
    agilitymachposted 4 years ago

Thank you everyone. smile  I know how to make different size borders with lines and all sorts of stuff.  I just thought this border was more creative and fun, BUT I also worried that others might not see that in it.  And, I was right. smile

I will keep the bright blue as it matches the CGC logo in the middle of the article.  I know good design always catches a color from the photos and plays it up in the article.  But I will get rid of the crooked brush look and go with something more traditional.

Thanks everyone!!!

working