jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

New to HubPages and wanting some advice.

1. Spence Bailey profile image61
    Spence Baileyposted 4 years ago

I'm pretty new to hubpages. I am pretty young (turned 18 in May) so I don't have much life experience to share with people here.

My main question is do I still have a chance with my Hubs? I've made a few Hubs sharing what little experiences I have had in my life and what knowledge I do have;

http://spencebailey.hubpages.com/hub/A- … ting-Costs
    http://spencebailey.hubpages.com/hub/Li … Difference
    http://spencebailey.hubpages.com/hub/Re … Generation

I would like some advice as to what would help my Hubs appeal to more people. I feel that I am too young and that my content is being lost. If this is the case I may need to find a new approach to my Hubs.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

1. 0
      FreyaKraftposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hey! I'm new here too. Not sure whether you can make money here. This site looks like it's for hobby. Not sure. Anyway, nice meeting you, and goodluck!

2. Robie Benve profile image93
      Robie Benveposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Spence, and welcome!
      You are 18? Oh, I bet you know lots of stuff that I only barely herd mentioned. I see you are already up to a great start. smile

I hear that reviewing technology gadgets, apps, and products can be quite popular. I've never done it myself, but if you are into that stuff you may want to try.
      Keep writing about what you know and enjoy, and the clicks will come. Good luck to you.

Spence Baileyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Again, thanks for the feedback! I am pretty into the gadgets and products so I guess it can't hurt to try them.
        I wrote a Hub yesterday and I think it was pretty well thought out. I got more views on it in one day then my other Hubs had gotten in over a week. So I might be doing something right!

3. Novel Treasure profile image85
      Novel Treasureposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Spence,

Welcome to hubpages. Don't discount your youth as a negative. Youth today has so much insight and thought in ways that adults sometimes forget or overlook. One piece of advice I would offer, is don't assume that a hub is no good just because you don't get as many views. It could be that it just needs a few "display" adjustments rather than the content or writing not being good.

Spence Baileyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the feedback! I will admit, and I don't mean for this to come off negative either, that I think the younger generation right now has quite a different outlook to offer about the world then other generations had. I can say that I don't embody all these new outlooks, but I am willing to help share mine. Maybe that is what my calling to HubPages shall be! :]

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

Welcome to HubPages, Spence smile I read your 'Tips for Teens to save' and thought you did quite well. I would recommend adding a interesting poll, stats, video. These will/may help 'prolong' your visitors stay on your site. Oh, and think you meant 'psychology' rather than 'physiology' wink good job!

Hi Freya smile welcome to HubPages. It's a site designed for 'passive' earnings. Write, promote and earn but due to changes, will require a more active presence. Think of it as 'diversifying' your earning power smile it's an 'addition' to your income. Journalists, authors, and writers do earn a extra income from HP wink it's not all bad but does require 'work'.

3. Spence Bailey profile image61
    Spence Baileyposted 4 years ago

Thanks for your input! I'm not trying to bore the older audience by posting stuff that they have already experienced in their lives. So you think if I post some information or take polls that even adults will be interested in my content? I guess that can be true, everyone loves to see stats and numbers!

(oh yes, I totally meant to put psychology! That's a bit embarrassing! Thanks for catching that! )