Any copyright infringment risks from imbeding you tube videos?

1. Jacob Smalls profile image75
    Jacob Smallsposted 7 years ago

I am not asking about obvious copyright infrigned you tube videos such as tv shows etc. I am really wanting to know about things such as guides people have posted on you tube which can be usefull to a hub I am making. By what I have read a embed link from you tube is nothing more than that, a link. The video is not hosted on the hub or the server at all it just provides a link to the video.

There are countless you tube guides and videos that can be usefull in making hubs and I really wonder if any action could be taken against someone who imbeds a video someone else makes into thier site or hub. Especially when the hub or website is going to have targeted ads and referral links to products. I understand people post videos to get views or to provide information so I really do not see any moral issues with doing it. I just worry that there would be one random person that would take offense to someone trying to make a profit off a video guide they had made.

2. 0
    shinujohn2008posted 7 years ago

Embedding is not a violation of rules. We are not downloading and uploading it in another site. We are linking to the Youtube. If video owners don't like that , then Youtube will show a message "Embedding disabled by request".

3. Jacob Smalls profile image75
    Jacob Smallsposted 7 years ago

Thanks. Im just trying to condense alot of guides for a tutorial in one place so I'm going to be using alot of different videos. Thats good to know because I can just get another video if one gets blocked.