jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (15 posts)

Another AdSense question (sorry, guys), this time about targeted ads.

1. peachpower profile image61
    peachpowerposted 4 years ago

I have searched high and low for the answer to this question also... I have read the TOS for just about everything here 12 or 15 times. No lie (and no answer, either). Please help if you can.

Is it ok for me to utilize the part of AdSense that allows a custom channel to be set up for HubPages- the part that does the targeting or placement ads? If so, has anyone done it, and has it done anything for your earnings?

I assume it wouldn't be an option if it weren't, but I know there are loads of people that have YEARS here that will have had some experience in this arena.

Also, does allowing targeted ads wipe out contextual? There is SO much to learn about all this...

Thanks for any and all help!!

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think the targeted adverts you are referring to require you to install the code onto the site, which you don't have the option to do here.

There are options to block certain ad networks though.

peachpowerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, WryLilt. I actually just found that thread yesterday. I wonder though, since I'm SO new- and not particularly established- whether or not blocking those networks will make much difference. Thanks for answering me smile

Well Adsense CTR on search traffic is about 1-5% so until you get search traffic, no, there isn't yet a good reason to smile

Patience was definitely passed around to most people with the exception of myself. Ha!! At least I'm aware of my shortcomings smile

If I may ask another question: How in the holy HELL do you figure out which pages are making money and which are not?! I have been in the bowels of Google, trying to figure this out. I had a click that was worth $1.82 the other day and I have no idea which page it was on!! Curiosity is killing this cat.

Set up Hubpages on Google Analytics and connect it to Adsense.

2. peachpower profile image61
    peachpowerposted 4 years ago

I did that. But I can't get it to tell me a specific page. It's really, really, weird.

Are you sure it's connected to Adsense correctly? There is a specific Analytics section for Adsense reporting.

Welllllllll, I have no way to know if it is connected correctly. I'm really sorry if I'm driving you batty, by the way... I'm fairly certain I've got a couple of screws loose after this. If I go down on the left hand side of the page, I see the AdSense thing that can be expanded under 'Content'. However, that doesn't match up with the revenue posted in actual AdSense. Oh my goodness.

Go to your Hubpages analytics section, on the left click Content>Adsense>Overview.

The pages section will break it down by page.

That should give you a breakdown if it's connected.

3. Dame Scribe profile image59
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

If you have listed your Hub urls in 'URL Channels' in your adsense, you will see which Hubs earn what amount. Hope that helps.

But that can end up getting pretty complicated and you can only have a maximum number of URLs still can't you?

Well, I actually did do that, and putting all the urls there has not resulted in me being able to see the clicks. Maybe I should just leave it alone for a few days, but I assumed that Google was real-time tracking. Even if it isn't real-time, per se, the click that I'm trying to locate was back on the 11th. I had a .24 one on the 10th, and I am just dumbfounded about searching for them.

You should be careful about revealing your CTR or exact earnings online - Adsense doesn't like it.

And I posted directions above for finding your Adsense breakdown on Analytics. smile

Oh mylanta. Thank you for the gentle reminder... that is not smart of me at all.

Since I can do all of those steps that you advised, I am connected. I suppose I will have to find (and attempt to keep) some of that patience I got skipped over on smile smile smile

working