jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

HP Elite Program..

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image89
    DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years ago

I wasn't sure exactly where to post this particular question on a matter of general curiosity, so I'm putting it here.

I just read Cardisa's hub on becoming an Elite member, and it was very interesting.  The hub that linked me to hers was by CloudExplorer, and indicated that these special team members can be identifed by the presence of a small "e" in the corner of their profile photos.

I then looked around, and found to my surprise, some with a small "a" instead of an "e."  What does that mean???  Is this another,  separate program, or did someone make a typo???  wink

1. IzzyM profile image84
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The 'a' is for people either on, or who have completed, the apprenticeship program.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image89
        DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ooohhhhhhhhhhh..... ok, thank you!

2. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

Some "e's" are also "a's" in which case the letter on their profile picture is "a."
    If you are just a Hub Pages volunteer  but not on the apprenticeship program your letter is "e."
    There has been much discussion about changing the "e" because the "elite" makes it sound like a snobby title. It's not.
    It simply means we are hubbers who volunteer our time.
    I keep waiting for the day my "e" turns to "g" for greeter, which is what I am!

Hope that helps clarify!