jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

How did you choose your user name?

1. hopped profile image92
    hoppedposted 4 years ago

I see some Hub writers using their real names while others use nicknames or aliases.  How did you come by yours?

I registered mine before I even realized that "hopping" Hubs was a thing!  My last name is Hopper and I just thought it would be a cute name.  I was a little embarrassed to realize it probably comes across that I'm looking for attention!

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I chose Timetraveler2 for two reasons:

I am old and have traveled many roads in my life
      I love to actually travel with my husband, whom I consider to be Traveler1

hoppedposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That's a sweet story!  I hope you guys have seen some great places.

2. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago

My user name is a combination of my daughter and son's first name.

Interesting!  I would have thought it was your real name.

3. Bard of Ely profile image88
    Bard of Elyposted 4 years ago

Easy - I use it as my stage name anyway!

Clever!  And easy to remember, certainly.

4. mythbuster profile image86
    mythbusterposted 4 years ago

Some r/l friends from university started calling me this name as a joke a few years ago (we took classes on mythology, folk and fairy tales, gothic fiction, Native oral story circles, dissent and dystopian literature together) because I basically read well more than the course content as I was always trying to find more information, the roots and various versions of tales, turn up new information on old stories, etc. Everything related to stories was/is a research project for me lol If I had thought more about creating the handle, I wouldn't have created this one. It gets mixed up with the concept of "de-bunking" and that's not my purpose for any story I research. It also gets mixed up in online searches with the popular Mythbusters TV show. I'm usually WAY DOWN the list when people do searches 'cos Adam and Jamie's show (I'm a fan, too) is so popular and they have various sites/vid channel URLS, etc, all getting major traffic. *shrug* OOPS!

5. 0
    FreyaKraftposted 4 years ago

I used my real name. Not many don't use that.

6. Gordon Hamilton profile image96
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 4 years ago

My parents chose my user name "cough" years ago! smile

Yes - it's my real name but there are some great pseudonyms on HP.

7. Novel Treasure profile image85
    Novel Treasureposted 4 years ago

I was hesitant to use my real name because I was somewhat scared of identity theft....i know a little paranoid...but what can i say.

So I was trying to think of something that was witty and pertained to writing. My nickname is mightybean which does not usual evoke thoughts of wisdom when first heard so I went with Novel Treasure. What I'm hoping people think about my writing, but also what I'm hoping to discover.