jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Brand New and Looking for Feedback

1. hopped profile image89
    hoppedposted 4 years ago

Hello Hubbers!  I've spent the better part of today writing, editing, and publishing my first two Hubs.  I'm wondering if anyone could take a look at either or both of them to offer any kind of advice I can use going forward.  I'm looking forward to Hubbing with all of you!

http://hopped.hubpages.com/hub/A-Review … vity-Falls

http://hopped.hubpages.com/hub/Mystery- … ana-French

I'm looking for any kind of feedback or advice anyone can give.  Thank you so much!

1. Robie Benve profile image95
      Robie Benveposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi hopped, welcome to the hubbing world! What a great two first hubs you've got there!
      They are thorough, well written and interesting!
      You are doing so well, I am surprised you were asking for advice, looks like you know what you are doing. smile

Since we are all writing for an online audience, one of the main key aspects is getting found. So my recommendation for you is to use search friendly titles, which means using in your titles and subtitles words and sentences that people actually type into search engines.
      I use GoogleAdWords to help me find them. Like in your Gravity Falls review, you may want to add TV Show and/ or Disney in the title, they have higher search results.
      I like how you reviewed Tana French's novels. I never read any of them, but your comments are very interesting. It would be nice to have a photo though. If you do that, make sure you add, besides the correct attribution as you are already doing, a caption with keywords. That can help getting found though image searches.
      Great job, I wish my first two hubs were this good!

1. hopped profile image89
        hoppedposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for the feedback!  I've just added "Disney Channel" to the title of the Gravity Falls hub and I'll do a little more research into what other keywords and captions I can add.  I'd never even thought of captions, and GoogleAdWords looks like a great resource.  Thank you also for the comment on the article!  It's definitely a fun show.

1. Robie Benve profile image95
          Robie Benveposted 4 years ago in reply to this