jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

FIXED: Wrong Video Showing after I publish a Video Hub

1. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 4 years ago

Just completed a video hub, hit publish as you do and was surprised to see two women having a chat rather than the video that I had posted! Link below (not self promotional! honest!)

Not being a big fan of TV or celebrities I have no idea who or what the show was, I went to the "proper" page for my video rather than the "you have just published a new hub" page and the correct video showed without problem.

http://leanman.hubpages.com/video/5s-Se … Sort-Video

Screenshot of the video;

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7161864_f248.jpg

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

@LeanMan
      Sorry to hear about the issues you experienced with a video in your Hub.
      I just looked at the Hub you mentioned and it appears a different video is now present (based on the thumbnail).

Was there something you did to address the issue or did it resolve without your intervention?

LeanManposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Matthew, it fixed itself. The video that the screen shot was taken from was there for the "you have published another hub" page with the "?done" at the end of the URL. I deleted the "?done" to go to the normal page for the hub and the right video was there.
        I then backpaged to the previous page and the video was correct when reloaded.
        It all seems to be fine now, although I guess there must be a problem somewhere for it to have taken up the wrong video.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
          Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Glad it is working.
          I am going to leave this forum thread open in case anyone sees this weird behavior with videos again.

Thanks for taking the time to report it.

1. GoodLady profile image85
            GoodLadyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

What was it?  Very interested.

2. GoodLady profile image85
    GoodLadyposted 4 years ago

I have the same thing happen on my video hub.  (A hub I published several months ago)
    It's annoying.
    I was told its a source of revenue - but it's really tasteless.

LeanManposted 4 years ago in reply to this

This is not an advert, this is where my video should be playing and when I have published others the video has been correct. The hub played the wrong video!

1. GoodLady profile image85
        GoodLadyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Seems to have righted itself...or HP sorted it out.  It was pretty ugly though wasn't it?

Closed to reply

working