jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Can I move a hub to my other sub domain?

1. Hollie Thomas profile image59
    Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago

I have recently written a hub which as yet is not indexed. I have decided that I want to move it to a new subdomain. As it is as yet unindexed, does anyone see a problem with me deleting it and moving it to the new subdomain if I give it a slightly different title so the URL is unique?

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

There's really only one way to find out what will happen and that's to try it. 

The only hypothetical worse-case scenario is that it was promoted somehow and did get indexed somewhere and you'll get flagged.

Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I know there's a link to it on pinterest. If i did get flagged, how could I resolve the issue?

3. DabbleYou profile image73
    DabbleYouposted 4 years ago

I think if you delete it for a few days and republish in another subdomain, it should be okay. Just as long as it hadn't been copied yet. If HP automatic filter says it's a duplicate, you can always contact them and explain your situation. Best of luck.

Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The summary, title and picture had been scraped (even though it is not indexed) But, I filed a DMCA and Google responded saying that they were not going to take down the scraped version, but to contact the site owner which I can't because it's a blogger blog.

4. Hollie Thomas profile image59
    Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago

Right, I've deleted the pin and it hasn't been repinned, which clearly is good. I'm going to remove it to new subdomain (I've already unpublished it) rewrite the summary, change the title and use a different picture. Hopefully that should do it! Thanks, guys. smile

working