jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

SUGGESTION: Category Error - Religion and Philosophy

1. Sue Adams profile image91
    Sue Adamsposted 4 years ago

Why put Religion and Philosophy in the same category?

I want to filter out religious posts from my forum page but I am very interested in philosophy.

Many philosophers were and are against religion, what are religion and philosophy doing in the same basket?

I have in front of me the full list of HP Categories.

The word "religion" appears 41 times and heads the main Category "Religion and Philosophy".

The word "philosophy" on the other hand, appears only 16 times and heads the main category"Philosophy"

When scroolling through the "Religion and Philosophy" sub-categories, I find a lot of spirituality stuff on "angels", "astrology, divination, etc. but only 3 references to philosophy.

It wouldn't hurt therefore to change the category "Religion and Philosophy" to "Religioin and Spirituality".

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 4 years ago

You can't just change things willy-nilly. Spirituality is not philosophy, like my philosophy of fishing. Although I may have a philosophy of spirituality,
    like I interpret signs.

3. Sue Adams profile image91
    Sue Adamsposted 4 years ago

Exactly. Spirituality is closer to religion than philosophy is.

This is what I mean, philosophy has nothing to do with religion, it is by definition:
    Love and pursuit of wisdom by intellectual means and moral self-discipline.

4. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 4 years ago

This has already been discussed here:

Changing the topic hierarchy at the very top level has pretty profound implications for our system of interlinking, so we won't do it unless the change is absolutely necessary.

You can find philosophy under this category as well:
    http://hubpages.com/topics/education-an … sophy/3779