jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

No way to report serious abuse to HP in an expedited manner

1. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

In my experience, flagging content for the attention of HP staff may only result in the issue being dealt with after several days.

Likewise, from what other people say, it appears that emails to HP staff (team@...  ) at times only receive an answer after a couple of days.

I am concerned that there is no urgent alert system for situations of major abuse. I'm talking about matters such as a fake user profile being registered here in the name of a real person, and then being used in an abusive manner on the forums.

Recent observations and research lead me to suspect it is possible to add a Facebook link to an HP profile even when the person doing this is not the owner of the Facebook account being linked. If someone has suspicions in such a case, there is no way of sending an urgent message to staff about the matter.

I consider this to be a totally unacceptable and potentially dangerous state of affairs. I would be extremely unhappy to discover my identity and FB profile being abused in this way.

2. WriteAngled profile image91

Well over an hour since I posted this message, and even longer since I flagged a serious situation of abuse.

No response here and the situation has not been resolved either.

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago

I know the HP office is not staffed on weekends so that is part of the problem - but you're right, the help system on HP is under-developed and they badly need some proper support desk software, so people can rate their query, get a job number etc. and therefore feel some certainty that their problem will be dealt with.

I'm a member of a small forum run by a one-man-band, and he has such a system, so it can't be expensive.

4. WriteAngled profile image91

It is certainly highly frustrating when flagging something just sends a message into the Abyss. There is no way of knowing whether it will be acted on.

Certainly, a hub I flagged nearly 2 years ago for copying a Wikipedia article is still in existence, and another I flagged a month or more ago, which illegally uses copyrighted images from National Geographic, has also not been removed.

It makes me wonder what the point is of flagging hubs, if this does not result in measures being taken.

The matter that moved me to open this thread is far more serious.