jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

dropping external links to hubs

1. Samoa6 profile image85
    Samoa6posted 4 years ago

does anyone happen to know of a good travel forum where i might be able to post a link to my series of hubs on free things to do in san diego?  every forum i've checked so far does not allow "self promotion," so i am unsure as to how to proceed getting this series noticed by google.  many thanks in advance for any advice.

1. profile image0
      Casimiroposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You could use Google to search for blogs or websites that might accept your link.
      Are you already taking advantage of social media, e.g. Facebook, to promote your series?
      Have you considered starting your own blog, which doesn't contain duplicate content but could backlink to your hubs?
      Have you worked on SEO, esp. keywords to make sure the specific topics your are writing about aren't already saturated?

Samoa6posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Casimiro - all great advice!

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
        Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Starting your own blog to add links to your Hubs is a waste of time.  It worked once, not now.  Google is actively penalizing "artificial backlinks" these days.  20 links from one blog is obviously something created artificially, probably by the owner of the site linked to, so it's not a good idea.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You could also do guest posts on other travel blogs.   Try searching for blogs and sending the blog owner an email.  It works best if you're specific, i.e. don't just say "I'd like to write a post", say, "I'd like to offer a post about .....  You can see samples of my work on ...." (but don't make the link to the website live, or your email might get sent to spam). 

You can also join MyBlogGuest and look for travel blogs there.

2. Anonymous00 profile image75
    Anonymous00posted 4 years ago

Consider as well that generally there is 'spamming promotion' and 'smart promotion' What I mean is. If you are a member on a forum for instance, you regularly post there and often contribute to their community, most times there is nothing wrong with including a short post and providing your website link. This doesn't constitute spamming so long as your site relates to the message board and you do so in such a way that would be helping the community. On the other hand, if you join the forum, just to start a thread similar to 'Hey everyone .... visit my website' and you never return, with nothing more than one post to your name. Most boards will consider this spamming and delete your account under such reason. Be smart with your promoting tactics and I don't think you'll have to worry about any issues on the forums smile Secondly, try looking into sites like StumbleUpon and Reddit. These can be great tools in conjunction with standard SEO and link building to help you get established online. Good luck smile

Samoa6posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Anonymous00 - will do.

1. Anonymous00 profile image75
        Anonymous00posted 4 years ago in reply to this

No problem smile

working