Suggestions to my hubs

1. CorruptionAmerica profile image75
    CorruptionAmericaposted 7 years ago

I am just looking for some suggestions to my hubs I have only been here for about a week or so now. Thank You

2. SpikeTheLobster profile image78
    SpikeTheLobsterposted 7 years ago

Great name, by the way. smile

I had a quick look at the three you've produced. The Google Maps one and the Geo Group are quite short: perhaps something a little longer might go down better? You could also add some external links for where you get your information (especially in opinion pieces, citing sources is considered a good thing) and some Amazon stuff for a bit of extra earning...!

The medical board one came up all unformatted for me, which made it hard to read. That's easy enough to space out, which would help.

One habit I picked up quickly is to just add images. They brighten the page and spread out the writing nicely. I do a quick Google search like "free clipart subject" and cite the source at the end of the piece (like on this one here). If you make them half-size and push the photo up into the text, it sits nicely on the page.

Apart from that, always make sure you log each page at Digg, Stumble and so on. You never know if someone might see it and pop over, which makes another page hit and potential publicity.

I used to do work for in the past and I *love* military stories from people who've been there (never having been enlisted myself). Some of the crazy stuff that goes on makes for hilarious, interesting or downright disturbing reading.

Keep writing - it's all good!

3. Reynolds_Writing profile image85
    Reynolds_Writingposted 7 years ago

I agree.. Great name for your Hub Profile.

The Hub about Privatized Prisons is a very interesting topic, but I would change the title and add a few compelling intro statements in the first paragraph. For example a title like Just Say No To Privatized Prisons!  or Privatized Prisons: A Good Idea Gone Bad grabs my attention and explains what the hub is about. I would then repeat the title and add a few details in your intro paragraph.

I agree with the comments above that the hubs could be longer, need some paragraphs and pictures.  In addition to content, you want to make your Hubs eye friendly.

Good luck!