jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Why is my view count for an article much higher on RedGage than HP's?

1. SurfboardShark profile image60
    SurfboardSharkposted 4 years ago

I recently posted a link to one of my HubPages articles on RedGage and it has done very well there. However, the pageview count from RedGage's point of view is much, much higher than my traffic shows on HubPages. Why is this? To give an idea of the difference, the view count showing by HubPages is only 4% of the view count shown by RedGage.

Any insight will be much appreciated. smile

1. SimeyC profile image89
      SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The view count on Redgage is for the Redgage 'link' page - the HP view count are the click-throughs you are getting - 4% click through rate is pretty good....

SurfboardSharkposted 4 years ago in reply to this

So just to make sure I'm understanding correctly, the visitors are going to my page in RedGage where my article is housed, but only 4% of them have actually clicked to read it?

1. kathleenkat profile image88
          kathleenkatposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Probably. Or people are closing the browser before it gets a chance to load.

Write a really catchy abstract there!

SurfboardSharkposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for the advice. I'll be sure to put more effort into writing descriptions for my articles that lead the person to want to click to find out more! I appreciate all of the help, everyone!

2. brakel2 profile image86
    brakel2posted 4 years ago via iphone

Sounds right to me. Sorry.

3. tamron profile image62
    tamronposted 4 years ago

Most of the people there are more interested in sharing then reading.  Lots of them comment and never went on your hub.

working