jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Google Analytics Question

1. MM Del Rosario profile image81
    MM Del Rosarioposted 9 years ago

I just sign up for Google Analytics and they are asking what is you webpage - i put my profile page link  - it was accepted...

just wondering what others have done ??
    will they be able to track all my hubpages by giving them only the profile page ?

2. Paraglider profile image88
    Paragliderposted 9 years ago

I thought for Google Analytics to work, you had to insert their tracking code before the /body tag at the end of each page you want to track. I've had to do that on all the pages of my own domain. I'm not sure how you could do that on a hub, as you can't post script into the capsules.

3. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

The profile link should be fine.  We automatically put the tracking code into all of your hubs, and other pages here at HubPages.  All you have to do is enter a new UA- code on your my affliate page.

4. Paraglider profile image88

Paul - sorry for giving wrong info. But could you explain that a little further please? I'm a bit confused about Google Analytics - If I give them my Profile page, I guess they will assign a UA code. What happens next?

MM del R - not hijacking your query, but I think we're asking about the same thing!

5. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

Just enter the UA- code into your HubPages affiliate settings and in a couple of days you should start to see all kinds of interesting data about your traffic at Hubpages using the Google Analytics reporting interface.

6. Paraglider profile image88

Got it - thanks! (I'd missed the fact that Analytics has a separate entry box from Adsense)

7. Lissie profile image87
    Lissieposted 9 years ago

Can I do the same thing with Adsense - if I link to my profile page will all earnings be aggregated from all my hubs?

1. SunSeven profile image63
      SunSevenposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Thats right Lissie. Even if you put only hubpages.com, you will be able to track all your hubpages earnings. If you want to track the individual performances of your hubs you can enter individual hub URLs as channels.

Best Regards smile

working