jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Noisy Neighbours

1. triggywiggy profile image61
    triggywiggyposted 7 years ago

I Hate noisy naighbours they make it so heard to get to sleep.

Do you hate noisy neighbours

1. Just_Rodney profile image42
      Just_Rodneyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It is now December the 26th time 04h30, and suddenly there is suddenly a deadly silence, the picture frames have stopped their steady pitsicatto against the wall. The empty glasses have stopped their incessant rattle against the glass top on the bedside tables. Ten minutes have passed, and all is still quiet.
      The non stop sensory depriving mixture what can only be described as load eeha-yeewhaha with a background of incessant duff duff duff duff ad nausium ad infinitum, was played at a level where the speakers were setting up back feed , feed back distorting the “music?” is stilled. It sounds like rave music and kweto combined with jazz and overlaid by a spin doctor tripping out on acid, and being just another deaf composer of modern classical “music”.
      This enjoyable festival of great the greatest sounds from hell was pounding out at full blast, a thousand db and at least 1 gigabit watts greeted us when we returned from a very enjoyable Christmas lunch, that was at just after 16h00 on the 25th December, their festivities were in full swing.
      It was impossible to think and or concentrate, even our teeth even ached, after seven attempts to get the local Police to get them to tone down the volume, we had success.
      Yes I think we had noisy neighbours

2. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 7 years ago

I have camels to one side, cows on another, and kangaroos in my backyard.

Thankfully none of them are noisy.

3. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 7 years ago

"I have camels to one side, cows on another, and kangaroos in my backyard." I have cows occasionally out back, but camels and kangaroos not even: wow - you are lucky I would guess.

4. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 7 years ago

The cows, because I live out in the country. The kangaroos because I'm in Australia (though this is the first place I've ever lived in Australia where I could ever boast such a thing).

The camels are an oddity though. There are four of them. They belong to a neighbour who lives around the corner of the big hill behind us (the camels are in an adjoining paddock between us).

5. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

Well, I was not too pleased when my neighbour woke me up at 4am last Saturday morning. I hear music up there again, I'm hoping it won't last until then.  But, I have to put up with that sometimes living in an apartment.

Darkside...I'm moving in with you...

6. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 7 years ago

Noisy neighbors are one of the joys of apartment living (not really, but I just have to find it amusing when they start partying).  I just try to ignore the parties my neighbors have upstairs by turning on the tv and watching a show, but my sister gets really upset when they start playing really loud music.  Of course she is a very light sleeper, and even complains that my typing three rooms aways is keeping her up lol.

7. indy cindy profile image76
    indy cindyposted 7 years ago

Noisy neighbors? The people who moved in above me tend to have screaming matches that grate on my nerves in a big way. He screams at her. She screams back. He screams at their kid. The kids screams back. They scream inside and have been known to take it into the parking lot too. Calling the cops is certainly an idea ... though when I called to report that my apartment had been broken into ... they never came out to investigate ... so why bother?

I've considered knocking on the door ... but would hate to have him retaliate against me personally. Guess I just have to tolerate it. Sometimes life sucks.