jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (22 posts)

HubPages Success Stories

1. Lauryallan profile image84
    Lauryallanposted 4 years ago

I am a big fan of the HubPages fan stories. They really help steer me in the right direction and give me an overall view of what's happening on the site. However, when I visited http://hubpages.com/success today, I saw that all their traffic graphs have been removed, but none of the income declarations or traffic details in text form had been updated.
    I have seen a lot of HubPages success stories explain that they have lost 80% of their traffic and sometimes more than that in earnings percentages. I have a link to the success stories and tell people to look at these graphs in one of my hubs.

Does anyone know why these graphs have been removed?

Will these graphs be returned soon?

Also why were they removed?

I realize that the graphs were perhaps a negative portrayal of current traffic levels, but they were honest and showed what is happening to a lot of people across the site. It was actually a good thing to see that we are not alone and that there are others with far more experience out there who are also suffering.

1. Love virus profile image61
      Love virusposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Quitting a website

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/103416

Read through that thread. I am new here, but saw this. I guess this is the reason that they removed the graphs. Those graphs showed how the featured ones had to work for years before they got a penny through Hub Pages.

Lauryallanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sad to see that someone new who knows nothing about the site could actually come on and create such a thread which would effect such an important page on the site.

Agreed! But perhaps some people search for truths instead of believing what others are saying the truth is. If that thread is the reason that Hub Pages has removed the graphs, then what else to say, that is an evidence itself that they were manipulating people.

Ok but by removing the graphs at this time after the success stories traffic tanked, makes it look more like HP has something to hide. Especially when they leave the outdated text that accompanied the information. People are just gonna feel like it's a lie by omission.
            I'm not saying it is or it isn't, but I can;t agree that it's a good idea to say someone makes thousands of dollars a month when their graph showed otherwise recently and a number of them have spoken about how their traffic has fell 80% and some of their earnings have fallen a lot more than that.
            If this is truelly the case, then their income could be as little as $500 a month now rather than the $3800 that is claimed previously on the text portion. Should this not be updated and relflected in the text. I'm not saying they should delete previous earnings, but they could add an update with something like, "due to reduced traffic levels this author is currently making $xxx amount per month."

2. EmpressFelicity profile image83
      EmpressFelicityposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If HP is gonna remove the graphs, then they should update the average monthly earnings to reflect what the success stories are earning every month *now*, not eight or nine months ago.

That's one of the many possibilities.

@Mark Ewbie - sorry bro, I couldn't go below that post of yours! ha ha ha

2. Lauryallan profile image84

Totally agree with EmpressFelicity. Otherwise, it looks like a great way to hide bad news.

2. tamron profile image60
    tamronposted 4 years ago

I don't remember seeing any graphs.  I go to that link to get inspired.  I do remember also everyones hubs preform different some have less hubs and more earnings.  Some have lots of hubs and less earnings. 

I do not assume they have the magic formula.  I also realized when they first started on hubpages there wasn't as much competition to write articles.

I wrote for eHow 5yrs ago.  I earned more with way less effort,articles and quality.  Now its way harder.  It hard to find topics that are not overly saturated.  The quality and standards are way higher.

It takes more work today to succeed in writing for money.

3. Lauryallan profile image84
    Lauryallanposted 4 years ago

Were definitely graphs there before.

1. paradigmsearch profile image85
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yep, there were. I remember another thread about it. But they are gone now. I think their disappearance was the result of a time-space continuum fluctuation anomaly. But I could be wrong.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
        Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I thought it was because of some troll that just wouldn't let it lie. Also, things are little different in the internet world, I guess.

4. Mark Ewbie profile image84
    Mark Ewbieposted 4 years ago

Look.  Forget the conspiracy theory, it's just a simple mixup.  Turns out the graphs were upside down.  They have been temporarily removed for maintenance.

Your imagination is very fertile. My boyfriend's is also very fertile. I call him fertile when the season is hot! It takes a little rubbing to come out. Anyway, you are so cute :-)

1. Mark Ewbie profile image84
        Mark Ewbieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I am very cute and now speechless.

Glad to know, cutiee! ha ha hahaha :-) Love you, little fellow. No need to be shy. I know what you do in toilet, ha ha.

Lol.  You were quite sensible further up the page.  I'll find an image... me on the toilet.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7192489_f248.jpg

I may not respond any more.  Please do not be disappointed.

2. Lauryallan profile image84

How can the graphs be upside down? Am I missing some kind of in joke or something?

Sorry. I was joking.

ok sorry i didn''t get it.

5. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Paradigmsearch lets this one go...

working