jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

AdSense Account approval Issue

1. tasteofindia profile image66
    tasteofindiaposted 4 years ago

"Hello,
    Thank you for your interest in Google AdSense. Unfortunately, after
    reviewing your application, we're unable to accept you into AdSense at
    this time.

We did not approve your application for the reasons listed below.

Issues:
    -
    Insufficient content"

This is the message i've got after applying for an account twice already. There are adverts showing on the pages as well.

I have gone through the policies and terms and conditions over and over again to see where have i gone wrong, but nothing seems to stand out.

Kindly Advise, any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Nimi.

1. galleryofgrace profile image81
      galleryofgraceposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Exactly like they said "insufficient content". you shouldn't apply again until you have about 10 good hubs.

2. Marketing Merit profile image79
    Marketing Meritposted 4 years ago

As GalleryofGrace has already said, you only have 4 hubs. Whilst there are no hard and fast rules, as Google is a law unto itself, most advice that I have read from other Hubbers recommends applying after you have written 10 - 15 good quality hubs.

Please, be patient. You only joined 4 days ago and yet have applied for an account twice already??

Have a read of this hub...not mine by the way... but it offers some really good advice.

http://yougotme.hubpages.com/hub/Gettin … Rejections

1. tasteofindia profile image66
      tasteofindiaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Galleryofgrace and Marketing Merit for your replies, i very much appreciate it. I'ill post some more excellent recipes before i give it another go.
      Cheers smile

3. Thallia profile image69
    Thalliaposted 4 years ago

You need to be patient.  I applied and received my Adsense account with only two hubs.  After these hubs were published, I waited two weeks before applying for an adsense account.  This was a sufficient amount of time for my hubs to gain page views from various search engines. 

The "10 hubs" before receiving an adsense account is hogwash. 

GOOD LUCK!

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, but you are in the US. It's harder for people from countries in Asia and Africa for some reason.

1. Thallia profile image69
        Thalliaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The original poster of this thread "tasteofindia" has his/her user location listed as United Kingdom on the hubpages profile page.  Surprised you didn't notice (since you did notice I am in the Uniteed States).

Perhaps UK users are now experiencing challenges?!

1. Marketing Merit profile image79
          Marketing Meritposted 4 years ago in reply to this

To be honest, I just think Adsense is becoming increasingly more difficult to sign up to. I am based in the UK and am not aware of there being any problems here.

I did wonder if the Hubbers name - 'Taste of India;' profile pic - Taj Mahal and hubs - Indian recipes, may have had a bearing on the decision also.

However, Google can hardly impose stringent conditions on webmasters but at the same time take money from advertisers for running adverts on sub standard/spam sites.

In the OP's case, I think it was a little naive to apply twice within the space of 4 days, with 4 hubs. What you say about you waiting two weeks before applying for an Adsense account is a valid point. It allows time for the hubs to be indexed.

Out of curiosity, how long ago did you apply for your Adsense account Thallia? Was that recently?

Regardless, Google is a fickle creature and, as a general rule, 10 hubs does seem to be the 'magic number' for a lot of Hubbers. However, quality, word count and subject matter will also have relevance. 

The OP was told the rejection was due to 'insufficient content.' Unclear if this was because his hubs are recipe based or if it is to do with the number of hubs.

4. tasteofindia profile image66
    tasteofindiaposted 4 years ago

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to give both suggestions a go smile

I'll keep posting for 2 weeks before i apply for an adsense account again. Hopefully by the end of that time i should have a lot more hubs.

Cheers.

working