Posting helpful or negative comments

1. Dianemae profile image85
    Dianemaeposted 4 years ago

How do you feel about posting comments that might have a negative tone to them?  I have read a few hubs that I feel are too long. I actually never finish them. I lose interest. I don't like to discourage anyone, but if no one tells them, they may never realize it.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

There are a lot of opinions about comments on this site, spanning the entire gamut of possible answers.  Some people only ever say positive things, blatantly choosing to only ever say "good" things even if another response would have be genuinely more useful or helpful to the writer.  Others give constructive criticism, but that doesn't mean the comments get received in the manner in which they were intended.  Some writers here have more professional experience and take criticism better.  Some people project their feelings onto comments.  In short, it varies and you'll have to decide for yourself.

Also note, HubPages used to say 300-500 words was okay for a Hub, then a little over a year ago those numbers were increased to the 800-1000 word range, and now the latest standards are recommending 1500 or more.  What you are reading may not be too long, but too unfocused.