jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

google ads.. their keywords suck

1. Alexia Cournoyer profile image80
    Alexia Cournoyerposted 7 years ago

I've just written a hub on travel preparations..  nothing contentious except I put in a throwaway line about not mentioning bombs in the airport.

I've just checked the page and one of the picture ads is a new one for my pages.  It's for muslimsingles.com  There are no other keywords that could even be remotely applied to the muslim culture except for that one word that seems to trigger the ridiculous stereotype of all muslims being bombers.

Call me sensitive?  perhaps I am, but I'm seriously not happy.

Does anyone know if there's a way to whine to google about this?

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Relax, your ads will become relevant in a few hours smile

1. Bruce Elkin profile image90
      Bruce Elkinposted 7 years ago in reply to this

MIsha's right. Almost all hubs start with those kinds of ads until the Google spiders have time to crawl your page. When they do they'll change them to more appropriate ads.  Sometimes. Most of the times. Cheers!

1. JamaGenee profile image88
        JamaGeneeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That's how it works on my hubs too.  Ads that have nothing to do with the content of the new hub change to relevant ads within an hour (sometimes much less).

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

I've also noticed that the ads on my Hubs seem more relevant when Google is using my ad code and become less relevant when they switch to the HubPages code.

4. sylvana profile image60
    sylvanaposted 7 years ago

Hi Alexia,
    Maybe you could use negative keywords to keep the silly match ups out? I did just that, and the offending items were removed from the list when I refreshed.