jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

SUGGESTION ; Religion and Philosophy should be separated on Hubpages!

1. austinhealy profile image84
    austinhealyposted 4 years ago

It is my opinion that there should be different places to address these two very different topics. Considering the growing number of senselessly religious flavored hubs, any serious and honest philosophical dicussion is becoming increasingly difficult. Any thoughts ?

1. Love virus profile image60
      Love virusposted 4 years ago in reply to this

A girl loves fun! Males take away your religious babbles elsewhere!!

2. 0
      Motown2Chitownposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Please do not take this personally, but this suggestion is getting really old.  Philosophy can (already) be found separate from Religion under the Education and Science category.  This question has been asked far too many times, imo.

2. austinhealy profile image84
    austinhealyposted 4 years ago

If the question has been brought up too many times as you seem to suggest, and I wasn't aware of that, the request is not only relevant, but also popular. Thank you for reinforcing my views and making my point. It doesn't really matter to me whether there is one or more places to discuss the topics that are of interest to me, I'll always find a place to feel comfortable. I just voiced my opinion in the name of practicality..But of course, I will go by what the majority decides. What's the expression ? Vox populi, vox Dei ! Thank you for adressing the issue smile

1. 0

I apologize if I sounded sharp.  Yes, it is a popular request.  My annoyance with it is simply that if one were to explore the topics more thoroughly as well as the forums before asking the question, they would easily find the answer.  I'm never snooty, so please forgive me.  smile

1. austinhealy profile image84
        austinhealyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No need to apologize ever, everyone is entitled to their opinion and what we're doing here is debating. I understand your annoyance, as you probably are a more seasoned hubber than me. And all I did was suggest, not impose. Friends ? smile

1. 0

Oh, heavens to Betsy!  Friends, of course! smile

I'm beginning to be annoyed by the forums in general lately, to be fair, and I think I took it out on you.  Poor guy.  LOL

working