jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

30 hubs in 30 days. Lets do it!

1. Indigestion profile image61
    Indigestionposted 4 years ago

Hello hubbers!

I have been a member of the site for a really long time! Actually when I logged in today I was quite surprised. Have 3 years really passed already? I also noticed, begrudgingly, that I only had 11 hubs posted. That was sad. Do you know what I realized?

If I had had 365*3 = 1095 quality hubs published (yes, this is 1 per day more or less), I would probably be making quite the income. You see, making an income on Hubpages was going through my mind for the past couple of months. I thought that upfront payment was the way to go. But unfortunately, since I'm not in the USA this was not possible! We will see if I have to change that "unfortunately" to "fortunately" when I'm making some money steadily through shared revenue!

But lets end this sand-castle in mid-air making! That was a weird sentence...

I am going to write 30 hubs in 30 days solely about software development and computer programming. Some might include videos, others just text and code (hopefully with some images!). I hope you guys find this interesting, I've noticed quite the lack of hubs in Computer Programming tutorials (around 200), so maybe this will help get it rolling!

Unfortunately, I cannot receive any money from AdSense or even set up a PayPal account as I'm 17 years old sad But hopefully these will get things started for me!

Cheer on, and thank you guys for tuning in!
    P.S. The first hub of the series can be found here: http://indigestion.hubpages.com/hub/An- … evelopment

1. kathleenkat profile image91
      kathleenkatposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I am interested to see your progress. In my experience, I have done "X day challenges" and lost interest about day 2. Haha.

Do you really have to be 18 to get a PayPal? I had one when I was 16, though times may have changed. When I made it, they justed needed a routing number to a bank account. They could have easily clarified my age as not being 18 with the information I gave them.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

In that case, stop right there, because you must be 18 to write on HubPages.  Now that you've told us your age, it's likely staff will notice and close your account.

I suggest you write to the HubPages team, explain the situation and ask them if they can save your existing Hubs until you reach your 18th birthday, then they will republish them and you can get started again.  They've done it before.

Indigestionposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Actually I've just read them and it says that I must be 18 to participate in HP contests. I'm not sure if this qualifies as one, but I have read nothing about having to be 18 to register in HP. Could you link me to that?

1. Sally's Trove profile image99
          Sally's Troveposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Search for "18" and you'll find it.

2. Sally's Trove profile image99
    Sally's Troveposted 4 years ago

HP TOS is clear that you have to be 18 to publish here.

And you've been here for 3 years.

Indigestionposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Holy! I would've guessed that since there's no payment to me involved, there wouldn't be a problem. And I didn't get rejected (I can't remember if they asked for my age though, I don't think they can expect me to read all the ToS of every page I visit...).

I shall ask them to do that!