jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Just had a post indexed by Google in twenty minutes - a record?

1. Ken Devonald profile image61
    Ken Devonaldposted 7 years ago

A few weeks ago I put an SEO optimised version of wordpress on a couple of my websites. Tonight, writing about an incident with my chickens and a visiting fox last Thursday I added a post, twenty five minutes later I was in iGoogle checking some statistics and lo and behold the post was there and had been for four minutes.

Well I was impressed! Now I just have to figure out how to put adsense on the page.

I have been impressed when I found hubs on google in 24 hours, but this must be approaching a record isn't it?

1. ngureco profile image86
      ngurecoposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, Ken Devonald, for sharing this useful information.

It is true that being indexed by Google can take twenty minutes. Sometimes this can take just a few seconds and sometimes it may take up to 72 hours.

But just try this: Post your hub, write something small on Google’s blogspot with an outbound link back to your hub. Then go to google search and search for your hub. It will be there. This is a sure way to ensure that your hubs are CONSISTENTLY indexed by Google at between five seconds and six hours rather than having to wait for 72 hours.

2. guidebaba profile image60
      guidebabaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Maybe, Mr. Mark Knowles can help you.

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 7 years ago

You're about four times slower than the fastest "hey Google found it" report I've ever read.

But yeah, they do sometimes find things very quickly.

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I imagine anything to do with SEO optimisation will hit the top. Congrats! smile

4. grumpyjacksa profile image59
    grumpyjacksaposted 7 years ago

That happens when you do things right....had a similar experience......almost fell off my chair.....