jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Anyone know how to view old content from before you made changes?

1. Ethan Green profile image92
    Ethan Greenposted 4 years ago

So I was looking at analytics and discovered that one week I had a massive spike in traffic to my best hub about a month ago, straight after I made a few editorial changes. Then a few days later, the traffic went back down, and I think I panicked and made more changes. Since then I have made even more, and never got close to that one week spike.
    So I was wondering if there is any way to see what the hub looked like before I made the changes? I tried through analytics but can't find anything, and it hasn't yet been archived with archive.org either.
    Any great ideas? And also, is it something that sometimes just happens, that your traffic doubles for a few days and then dies down again? It is an evergreen hub, so can't think of any other reasons people would suddenly have shown more interest in the topic those few days.

1. 0
      summerberrieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Type in the title in google chrome search---I THINK you should be able to find a cache of the hub as it appeared when google last crawled it. It may be the older version?

2. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 4 years ago

You can also use the way back machine.

3. Ethan Green profile image92
    Ethan Greenposted 4 years ago

Thanks for the ideas folks. In the end, neither of those options worked. So I just went through webmaster tools to see what keywords I was ranking for on those days and had a guess from there at what I had done before...