jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

My Google AdSense account disappeared

1. vespawoolf profile image96
    vespawoolfposted 4 years ago

Today when I tried to log onto my AdSense account, my password wouldn't work. When I tried to change it, I received this email from Google: "We searched our database but we were unable to find any usernames associated with your email address vespawoolf@yahoo.com." It's like I don't exist! Sure enough, all ads have been shut off on my hubs. Can anyone help?!

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Best I can tell your AdSense account still exists and you are still earning through it via HubPages.  I see ads on your Hubs filling with your AdSense publisher id.  I'm not sure if we can help with your issue logging into AdSense, but if you can't resolve it with Google directly you can try  contacting our support team.

Here is the Google help page for login issues:

http://support.google.com/adsense/bin/a … ;ctx=topic

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

Was your account hacked?  If it was and someone changed the user email address, that could result in the answer you are getting from Google.  You will need to contact AdSense support ASAP about this.

3. vespawoolf profile image96
    vespawoolfposted 4 years ago

Thank you, Paul Deeds and Relache for your help. It's a false alarm, but I don't understand what happened exactly. I opened a personal gmail account two weeks ago. My AdSense account was opened under my HP name and with a different email service. Now it seems my AdSense account has been put under my personal gmail account! And my vespawoolf account isn't even acknowledge by Google. I suppose I could have done it inadvertently. My husband says I multi-task too much and don't watch what I'm doing. I still think it's strange but I'm glad I didn't disappear after all. :   )

1. Marketing Merit profile image84
      Marketing Meritposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Strange...I am able to log into my adsense account with both the original email I used and the subsequent gmail account that I opened. However, I had an adsense account long before joining HP.

Glad you've got it sorted! wink

vespawoolfposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, it is strange. I didn't even receive an email informing me of the change that was made!

4. Jennifer Stone profile image88
    Jennifer Stoneposted 4 years ago

The same thing happened to me a little while ago... I opened a new hotmail account for a new facebook page and Google decided to put my AdSense account under that email instead of my HP one which I had been using. I don't think it was anything I did because I was deliberately trying to keep the new email separate from everything else, as 2 other people have access to it! (Although like you, I can't be sure it wasn't me....) :-)

I know what you mean. I don't enjoy the technical side of things and rush it, so I suppose it could have been me. But I know I don't want the AdSense account to have my personal email, so I'm going to have to open a gmail account that will be used for business from now on out.

5. Uninvited Writer profile image85
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

That has happened to me. I accidentally created two accounts before I knew I was only allowed one. I cancelled one account and now had to use another email account to sign up. Both emails have google accounts attached. Occasionally, when I am signed into my other gmail account I forget and try to check my Adsense earnings.

It's hard to keep everything straight!

1. Pearldiver profile image87
        Pearldiverposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Especially crooked politicians and local body representatives!  lol

LOL

working