traffic surge info. help request...

1. Ethan Green profile image93
    Ethan Greenposted 4 years ago

Hey folks

I'm hoping a couple of people are up for helping me out here. I posted an earlier thread for advice on finding a previous copy of a hub I changed the distribution of keywords for at the start of september, which then saw a massive spike in google traffic with the intended keywords for a few days. Then in a moment of apparent madness, I changed it again at the end of the next week and the traffic went back down. But - I didn't record the changes I made, and it is a massive hub, and cannot remember either!

I have now gone through webmaster tools and tediously worked out exactly which keywords, impressions and rank I had during the amazing 3 days of 3, 4, 5 september to work out what I might have done when I was tinkering with keywords.

So before I once again try to organise the hub around these star keywords to try to recapture that traffic, I wanted to check that I am not missing th point, and that everyone had a surge for some hubs during those days. Especially with all the dramatic swings we are all having these past few months, I want to be sure it wasn't just a freak few days of heavy internet searching in my niche.

So if anyone would be up for checking webmaster tools to see if they had a traffic spike from 3-5 september, I would be so grateful. I would be particularly interested to know if you had a surge in impressions during those days.

Aslo, does anyone have any ideas on how I could more quickly analyse the star keywords for the weeks before and after this period? I know - next time I will record the changes I make in case I mess it up again, but for now, any advice on comparing keywords from one week to the next in a quick and easy way wouldbe fantastic.

Many thanks in advance for your time and effort:-)