Large number of visits from 'pennydrop' website - Ad fraud?

1. Rik Ravado profile image92
    Rik Ravadoposted 4 years ago

In the last 24 hours I have received a large number of hits (typically 70-100) to around 10-20 of my hubs from this site.  These hubs are my most recent and therefore at the top of my profile.

The site is pennydrop.weebly*com and it is a random surf tool that appears to be designed for click fraud particularly to scam sites like topline*com.  Topline inserts ads into the browsers of the user and they get a reward for each click.

My concern is my traffic has fallen dramatically at the same time - possibly due to this phony traffic.    On reflection this probably isn't a Hubpages ad problem as Topline (or whoever the advertiser is) is presumably legally replacing Hubads in the users browsers with their ads.  Topline is happy but their advertisers are being ripped off.

Any thoughts on this?  Not clear who I should contact.  What about Weebly?  Any advice welcome smile

Rik Ravadoposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Deleted

Rik Ravadoposted 4 years ago in reply to this

In analytics I see the scammer permenantly parked in my subdomain - They are based in Ahmedabad (India).  Logically I don't see how this is affecting my other traffic - perhaps its the Panda refresh and its a just a coincidence they occurred about the same time?

Update: 'pennydrop' has been taken down within an hour of me reporting it - well done weebly!  scammer has also disappeared.

working