Hi fellow Hubbers,
I just started on Hubpages, so I'm not complaining about my lack of followers or anything. I'm just curious. How can I get more followers on Hubpages? Any tips from you veterans? I'd appreciate help you guys can give! Thanks bunches.
1. Read other people's hubs and comment in a REAL and GENUINE way (the old, you reap what you sow thing.)
2. Participate in the forums. You'll find people who seem like-minded to read, and you will find people, hopefully, who challenge your ideas in interesting and intelligent ways to read as well.
3. Write hubs, make them good. People won't follow you if your work is slapdash, spammy, or boring.
4. Don't worry about followers. Followers are the outcome of doing good work and being genuine. Stay true to who you are and, assuming you are not some lame self-promoting Internet scammer, people will naturally find you in that "birds of a feather flock together" sort of way that happens in time. If you TRY to get followers, as in, be all aware of it all the time and go out trying to make it happen like it's a game and you want your score to go up, well, it will backfire. You'll get those worthless "I'll follow you if you follow me" people and neither of you will read each other's work, though at first you, being new, might try to do it just to be nice. You'll soon discover why they resort to that tactic once you see their hubs, and you won't be able to stand it for long. Then, you'll unfollow them so their stuff isn't gumming up your inbox, only to discover that (if you get one of the really weird ones) they are so conscious of their followers that they know you left, and they'll start hounding you as to why. (Don't be one of those guys either, obviously.)
5. Be patient. Follow people you like. Don't expect to be followed back. It doesn't work like that. You don't expect your favorite news paper columnist or novelist to follow your work do you, just because you like hers? Just be real and have fun writing. The rest will come.
Ive already noticed that making sure you have at least a good summary and tags help out a lot. Plus a lot of mine comes from my other social sites. If you message me i'll explain a little more
I don't think I could say it better than Shadesbreath.
One little thing to add is to be positive. Being positive and encouraging to others, people in Hubpages want to be around those that are positive, uplifting, and encouraging.
Just write good stuff. Read other people's hub. Comment others, follow others, and keep yourself indulged in all the Hubtivities. People will start following you..
And yes, have patience!
I find that followers appear from all over the place once you start writing hubs that are genuine, have quality content and are positive. Hard core followers tend to share a love of subject and will faithfully comment on new hubs regardless of your own responses to their hubs. If I read a great hub on a topic I love and the author's profile is interesting enough to raise my eyebrows I'll more than likely follow them. I don't expect to be followed by return but that does sometimes happen!
I also just started hub, I found that you just have to be out there, talk to people, comment and read others---do one to others as you would want to you!! Good luck I hope you (and I)make new followers. Cheers and good writtings to you!!
by Missing Link6 years ago
Hello,I've been working hard over the past six months per hubpages and have what I think are a number of nice, interesting hubs. They are getting read quite a bit but few other hubbers choose to follow me. I...
by Kent Maureen3 years ago
Hello,I am new here in HubPages. Just signed up for an account a few days ago and I barely got any followers. I would like to know some tips on how to increase my number of followers aside of course, from writing a...
by Sienna Aspen11 months ago
How do I get more followers on here? Thank you!
by dmoney4god5 years ago
I was just wondering how can I get more followers and increase my traffic sources?
by Fenixfan6 years ago
When I first joined Hubpages, I went, as I call it, click crazy. I was just following everyone I could in hopes they would follow me and read my hubs. Soon I realized that half of the people I followed weren't even...
by Shawn May Scott5 years ago
I am still new to Hubpages and have been enjoying a rather successful start. Thank you to those who have voted my articles up and those few of you who have begun to follow me. But I have noticed one thing of late and...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.