jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Placing photos on a hub

1. innerspin profile image88
    innerspinposted 4 years ago

Hands up, I'm not great with technology. I still haven't managed to place a picture part way through a hub, despite looking in the learning center. I really want to put smaller pictures alongside the text at relevant points, but just end up frustrated. Could some kind soul explain the process simply?

1. Mark Ewbie profile image83
      Mark Ewbieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You have great photos on your featured barrier reef page.

I assume or hope that your text is in several capsules rather than just one capsule?  Because that is essential.

IF your text is in many capsules then you can use the arrows on the photo capsules to move them up and down.  In between the text capsules.

Your capsules in a hub might be...
      text
      photo
      text
      photo
      text
      photo
      etc.

Advanced...
      In edit mode look to your right.  Under the capsules and the recipe stuff is something that says reorder, tags, settings, etc.  Make sure reorder is highlighted.

Below that are all your capsules - text and photos.  Just drag them around.

Once you have done that - just play with it to learn.

Try putting a photo above some text and then clicking the right arrow.  It lines the photo up to the right of the text capsule.

innerspinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you so much, Mark. No, my text isn't in different capsules. See, I said I'm not great with technology....now I feel really dumb.  Don't recall reading this in the learning center, I must have blinked and missed it. I thought it had something to do with the "add" thingy at the left of the edit page.  All this is a learning curve for me, your help is greatly appreciated.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image83
          Mark Ewbieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ah... don't feel dumb.  These things are not obvious.  Now you can have some fun with it!

innerspinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Onwards and upwards. Thank you!

working