jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

How to properly attribute images without going over 2 outgoing links?

1. luisj305 profile image85
    luisj305posted 4 years ago

I am adding new pictures to old hubs and I realize I will be violating the rules by linking out of Hubpages to the source of the images, if I have more than 2, all are mostly to Flickr and Wikipedia commons.

I don't want to have the images up without linking to the source, is there a way around this limit without violating the rules ?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Flickr and Wikipedia are exempt from the 2-link limit.  However,if you're linking to Wikimedia commons, you're probably attributing incorrectly.   Scroll down and read the attribution instructions - usually you have to attribute the photographer.

1. luisj305 profile image85
        luisj305posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ok, thanks Marisa Wright. I'm attributing the photographer along with the license type and website as well. Like the examples here:
        http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/legal-image-use

I just could not find anything regarding the outgoing link limit with images.
        Problem solved, thanks again Marisa.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
          Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The instructions are a bit overkill, if you ask me, but I guess it's better to overdo it than underdo it. Wikimedia asks you to credit whoever contributed the photo, it's not compulsory (as far as I understand it) to credit Wikimedia as well.

working