jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Scores on Hubs going down after improvement

1. carol7777 profile image85
    carol7777posted 4 years ago

I have been going over all my hubs and making improvements.  I check for spelling, grammar and other errors. I also improve content, photos etc. And many of them have gone down in score but up in views.

1. janshares profile image86
      jansharesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Interesting. I'm not sure, still new to this. Might it have to do with more than editing? Maybe the dreaded google indexing? Or could it be the type of hub, ie, lenghty article vs. poem vs. topic? I've noticed that no matter how much my views go up on poems, it is very difficult to get a score above 70. But articles stay are in high seventies to high 80s. I noticed that tweeting gives the poems a little boost but it goes back down at night. I've also tried adding 'how to' text to poems, changing titles, or hub category. That helps, too. But plain poems stay in high sixties.

2. Robie Benve profile image94
      Robie Benveposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Carol, hubscore is still an unknown mystery for me. I used to pay close attention to it, now I just look at views.
      As soon as I get into my account I sort by views, usually weekly or monthly, and this way I don't pay attention to the hubscore anymore. In fact I went to see now and some of my highest scores have the lowest views... go figure!
      But I'm all for keeping improving hubs, I do that all the time, to keep them out of idle status and to make them worthy of higher ranking on web searches.
      : )

2. btrbell profile image89
    btrbellposted 4 years ago

T have been noticing the same thing. I change it and then it scores less

3. BeyondGS profile image87
    BeyondGSposted 4 years ago

I haven't noticed recently but it has happened a few times. I'll have to keep my eye on that. Thanks for the heads up.

4. SmartAndFun profile image91
    SmartAndFunposted 4 years ago

As long as your author score is 75 or above and your hubs are scored at 40 above, don't worry about scores. They are irrelevant. As long as you have the 75/40 minimum then any links in your hubs are do-follow. If your traffic is increasing, that is the main goal. The scores are just kinda silly and arbitrary. Traffic is king.

5. sabrebIade profile image84
    sabrebIadeposted 4 years ago

Yeah...dont worry about the Hub scores. I have no idea why they even have them.
    My highest trafficked Hubs have always been in the high 70s low 80s.
    The Hubs I have (or rather HAD) in the 90s were my least visited Hubs.
    HP liked them but the public didn't.
    Guess who I'm gonna listen to.....

6. Novel Treasure profile image85
    Novel Treasureposted 4 years ago

Its nice to hear that others are seeing the same thing I am. At first, I kept striving to improve my hub scores, but I noticed that my highest scores, were some of my lowest views. So I just try to focus on good writing, good format, engaging pictures, and answering the questions that people have so they will want to read the whole article.

I have also noticed a hub score drop 4-5 in one day then go back up again. So I wouldn't worry about it too much.

7. Faith Reaper profile image86
    Faith Reaperposted 4 years ago

Well, since the power outage, my score has just been frozen in time, and it will not move one bit, and I have since published two hubs, with many comments and both with hundreds of views, so I have been wondering why?  Plus I was just at 95 the other week, and even with the publishing and commenting on mine and others, score will not budge?  Have been wondering too.  Thanks Carol, as I was thinking I was the only one wondering about this issue.