jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

My page views are in total free fall. Is it time to try Wizzley?

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image89
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago

My page views are in total free fall - and it's not all accounted for by the down time yesterday. I've worked for several months to bring up my stats and to start making some income. But it seems that HP just keeps tweaking, instead of getting rid of the bilge hubs by bad writers. Now Amazon is a problem. Now profiles can't be used in this way or that.

I think I'm giving up on HP, and heading for Wizzley.  I'm getting tired of all the changes while bad writers remain. I used to hub hop until they changed that, too. (I recently read where we can use the classic hub hopping, but if the new hub hop is such a turnoff, why keep it?)

And the main focus of the community forums seems to be arguing over religious, political and social issues. That alone is a real turnoff.

Sorry for the griping. This is very discouraging.

1. dinkan53 profile image78
      dinkan53posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think every thing is going to be normal with in a few days. I am not going anywhere as I love Hubpages and Hubpages community. My hub views dropped by around 15 times! So little bit patience and keep writing. Good luck.

2. Novel Treasure profile image86
    Novel Treasureposted 4 years ago

I have noticed a tank in my views by about 50% just in the last week or so. I thought it was due to the two outages but I'm not sure. I would have thought it would have gone back up to where it normally is but it hasn't yet.

I'm sorry to hear you are thinking of leaving Hubpages. I've read some of your articles and I really enjoy them.

Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for the compliment. I've since discovered that it's a Google Panda rollout - again. Only I guess this time they've rolled it right over everyone who doesn't make them money.

3. EmpressFelicity profile image84
    EmpressFelicityposted 4 years ago

I moved some of the hubs from my other account to Wizzley, but after a brief flurry of views/sales, it all got a bit stale and I am a tad disappointed. Nice site and nice people though.

Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

People who write a lot online keep saying to diversify. I guess I'll have to do that. I didn't really want to, though. I'd rather stay with one site. Now it seems if Google is going to perpetually mess with us to make themselves more money, the biggest, deepest pockets will win over quality online, too.

4. Healthy Pursuits profile image89
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago

Whatever it was, it seems to be resolving somehow. My views are up to 50% of what they were before this problem, and are climbing steadily.

working