jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

HP, maybe you need to rethink the idle hubs feature?

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago

Just came across this you tube video by Matt Cutts. (posted today) It appears that we don't need to update and refresh all content, just content where the topic is subject to recent changes, such as content about the news or new technology which is ever evolving.

Thoughts anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4hH4ZQ_ … ature=plcp

1. NMLady profile image86
      NMLadyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi~ Some of my stuff is seasonal.  I re-posted  things like my Apple Pan Dowdy  in the fall.  Same with my Mexican Grey Squash recipe (summer season.)  I did go through and spiff up them before I re-posted though.  So, I don't get too concerned about the zzzzzzz on a blog~!

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
        Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I hardly had any zzz'z just Xmas ones or a couple which had totally died. However, I ended up refreshing the Christmas one's, and it doesn't appear that in G's eyes they need to be refreshed, according to Matt Cutts.

2. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago

Matt Cuts also describes updating content, with a few new words or different byline as "a pitfall" Interesting. How many of us have done that in the last couple of weeks?

3. Marketing Merit profile image78
    Marketing Meritposted 4 years ago

Google has far too much power and control over search.

I'm amazed that it has gone on for so long to be honest. I know they've incurred several fines, but the money is a drop in the ocean to a company like Google.

This monopoly has to end.

working