Lets Change the World One Post at a time

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (17 posts)
  1. CloudExplorer profile image77
    CloudExplorerposted 11 years ago

Purpose of this free forum is for all those folks who would love to change something in this world today, tomorrow, next month, next year and beyond. "Go for it! Share a post or two"

Feel free to unleash your offering here, and have fun with imagery if need be. Its also meant to inspire the writing of 'world change' articles. (No Links Please & try to be nice to fellow hubbers ideas if at all possible)

2. Pamela99 profile image90
    Pamela99posted 11 years ago

This is the first day of the rest of your life, so make it a good one!

CloudExplorerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Awesome! Post, Thanks Pamela

3. Faith Reaper profile image84
    Faith Reaperposted 11 years ago

Open your eyes and see that which is unseen by most in this world; those who are on the streets are human beings and not garbage; those who need a kind word; those who cannot speak for themselves; those who are hungrey or thirsty; those who need a warm bed in which to sleep;and those children who are neglected or abused.

Open your hearts to those who just need someone to listen; those who may just need a nice smile; those who are brokenhearted; those who need a hug; and those who may just need to hear a kind word.

Each and every day of our lives, we have numerous opportunties to lend a hand to someone who needs help.  Please do not just write about doing so, but be those hands and feet, reaching out and walking towards those who need to know about hope in this brutal world.

Faith, I understand so deeply what you ask of for the world to change, I was in such a lowly position in life, and many times before, as you know from reading my hubs.

The giving and receiving factor in life stems from the inner spirit, and outwards, and so yes indeed looking towards the unseen things that truly do exist in fact as you also have stated up above, shall help a person to comprehend such a thing as compassion.

Compassion isn't visible, you cannot purchase it at a store, nor sell it to anyone, this thing takes the nurturing process just as when a mother has a child, and chooses to hold her precious newborn as if its the best thing ever that she's received on earth.

Yes indeed you are right! we need to step aside and look deeply into our invisible mirrors, and think for a long while to discover what all that you have discovered about caring, about giving, and about not only typing about it all, but actually doing something for a change in real life that can help someone else who needs it most.

I love your post by the way, thanks you for participating in this hubpages from, and for being such a wonderful person, for leading by example, and not by expectation. "Its been real Faith"

Your Budd Mike Pugh

Is there a way to edit our replies Anyone? Typo correction up above, From = "Hubpages Forum" last paragraph

4. Moon Lightened profile image66
    Moon Lightenedposted 11 years ago

I would love for humanity to become aware of it's own thinking habits.  We are so trained and conditioned to seek out and see differences in others, we lose touch with the fact we're all members of the human race.  If we could begin to see and celebrate the uniqueness in everyone, and leave the judgement of difference-seeing behind we most likely have a more cooperative and peaceful human society.

Thought processes definitely has a huge factor and part to play in this whole being human thing, I must agree 100% with you Moon Lightened.

The way us humans are trained think, anywhere from our home training, from our school training, and from our working and recreational environments if any do indeed exist for that given person, does indeed have a huge factoring effect on us all.

There's loads of reasons why a person will either accept or reject such a training, and so for those who have no good moral codes of ethics or training what so ever I pray for them most. As for people whom are considered to be good law abiding citizens, many of us have been either labeled by society in some way or fashion, and or been thought of as not having much value by that of our peers, and mainly because of the major consensus that our economical status is of such.

Now what's funny is the fact that every human is in fact in equal standing no matter what monetary value is attained, because we all have the same basic essential needs, and so in order for us all to come to terms with such differences that have been forged before us, and before we were all born, what needs to been done is a total reassessment on how we identify with ones social class,  position in life, and all of the rest.

This may be a start to help us all reach and attain a level of change that your post suggest partly of, and lets hope that it can help others to come to such conclusions, because yours truly is a good post indeed.

1. Moon Lightened profile image66
        Moon Lightenedposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Cloud Explorer.  At the risk of sounding philosophical, our outer world experience is a direct reflection of our inner world.  And yes, our programming reaches deep into our psyche, much of it beyond our awareness.  I don't know one human being from any culture or country I've met who doesn't get caught up in the thought process of comparison.  Comparing their self to someone else.  We all do it.  This is where the gulf of seeing difference begins to widen.  I'm such a believer in embracing our authenticity.  Comparing kills it.  We all tend to try to emulate someone else because we see something about them being better (or worse) than we are.  Imagine all the beauty and brilliance lost to the world because someone became lost in trying to be like someone else instead of trying to be who they are.

5. Jo_Goldsmith11 profile image60
    Jo_Goldsmith11posted 11 years ago

This is my feelings on this subject.

I have written a hub about the Spirit of America. I agree with each voice that has posted so far. They are the collective spirits of one voice who I dedicate my hub too. We can make a better tomorrow if we can find the courage to do it. We need to reach out to each other and embrace the dream.  We link arm in arm and move forward together. One Nation, Many voices, One God.

Shalom

Thanks for your awesome thoughts on bringing change Jo, I really appreciate your participation in this forum.

We can surely use much more courage in the hearts and the minds of those people who have been consuming so much fear all of their lives, which tends to be one of the reasons why things fall apart for many individuals.

This is something of a huge global effort that can originate from anywhere on the planet, from any portal, and all it takes is the pure heart and gentle compassion for all to start generating the true to life changes.

I believe we can do it here, and lets hope more folks choose to join in on doing whats right for themselves today, and for that of countless others. I know I have been trying to change myself, and I have loads more work to do, I cannot, and refuse to try to change anyone else though. "That's their duty".

Thanks Again!

6. profile image0
    Gypsy Rose Leeposted 11 years ago

Let us look at the world as a whole. We are all in this together. Each with our own problems our own lives family and friends. Let's be considerate of one another and let us be kind generous caring and giving. If we all pull together then perhaps we can turn this world around and make it a better place in which to live.

Looking at the world as it truly appears to be Gypsy is definitely a step in the right directions today. Many of us stay clammed up simply believing in what we here, read, or watch on some technological devise, and never take the time to see what's really going on with the world as a whole.

Your point is solid, and its a strong one indeed, because some of us need to experience true life first, before thinking that anything need to be changed. This is true also due to the undeniable fact that many of us have been programmed to think the way we do, and without regard to questioning as to why it is the way we have been taught to think.

Thanks for providing such a powerful and thought provoking comment post, I care, you care, and many of us hubber here do about the world changing for the better, rather then that for the worst.

Lets hope though that many more people in the world can also come to such a conclusion, and begin to play more fair when it comes to all things as a whole. Pulling together is also possible, and achievable for sure, we will see in due time for sure Gypsy. "We surely need more love in the world, that's for sure"

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6120631_f248.jpg

Sorry for the typo's up above "Hear", "Device"

7. CyclingFitness profile image90
    CyclingFitnessposted 11 years ago

I'd rid the world of the goody twoshoes who want to change the world and influence everything they don't like to be what they like.

Negativity noted! ridding the world of any type of people, persons, or group isn't going to fix it though in my most humble & honest opinion, but if that is what you believe will be the best alternative, then so be it as it may be for you to ponder on alone.
      I care not for negativity actually, and simply have learned to ignore much of it, as it gets passed along from place to place. Good Luck though on that one!

1. CyclingFitness profile image90
        CyclingFitnessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

There are too many people in this life who want to interfere with life and overthink things without looking at the long term consequences.

I am actually a positive person however the analyst in me see things differently to many others. I see future processes where others see short term change to satisfy their need to do something.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)