jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Hub put up 22 August already No 1 on Google!

1. Charles James profile image84
    Charles Jamesposted 4 years ago

I put up a hub on 22 August about Hotel Pricing Policy and on 2 October  it is already No 1 on Google.

No photos or videos. Not long by my standards. I would not even say it is one of my best hubs!
    I am just stunned!

1. Rachel Roodhardt profile image83
      Rachel Roodhardtposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Charles, I've written an article about this here: <link snipped - no promotional links>

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You can't link your own work on the forums.

And "news" content quickly changes, meaning a hub that isn't evergreen is unlikely to draw traffic for long.

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

Number one on Google for what keyword? How many hits a month does it get? Are you sure it's not just a new content bump?

3. Writer Fox profile image78
    Writer Foxposted 4 years ago

If you just put up this Hub in August, why does it have a comment from 8 months ago?

4. Charles James profile image84
    Charles Jamesposted 4 years ago

Well spotted. It seems I put it up on 15 January! It talks about a future visit  to Amsterdam in February.
    I thought it was too good to be true!
    Thanks for catching this.

5. ITcoach profile image60
    ITcoachposted 4 years ago

Hi every one,

I think so that google emphasises more on content so it would not be a strange for it to rank to no.1 for some unique idea. May be it would be a cheat sheet with the algorithm.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't think that paragraph made any sense.

Yes, content does come into play, but unless you know the keywords or competition, content isn't really relevant.

And what do you mean cheat sheet with the algorithm?

working