jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (11 posts)

Traffic Sources question

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 4 years ago

I keep seeing counts that indicate I'm looking at my own hubs every day...this is not the case.  I also am seeing that nobody on hub pages is reading my work...which is not the norm.  Anybody else having this problem?

1. WryLilt profile image85
      WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

How do you know it's "your" views and not "other Hubpages" views?

TIMETRAVELER2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I know because that's how they list it!  Views from me are listed under Timetraveler2, hub views are listed under hub pages.

1. IzzyM profile image86
          IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That just means the visitors came through your subdomain, not that they are you.

Correct. It just means they clicked a link anywhere else on your subdomain, leading to somewhere on your subdomain. Or visited your profile and clicked a link. Or saw a link at the bottom of your hub of other hubs in that group.

I interlink all my hubs, so get lots of wrylilt.hubpages.com traffic.

2. ritsukakunx profile image64
    ritsukakunxposted 4 years ago

Yup, people clicked your profile, clicked a hub and it got registered as views from you. Assuming you are logged into HB, it will not register your own views.

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It does register your own views, signed in or not.

1. divajz profile image61
        divajzposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Timetravelker, if I recall, you told me that our own viewes ARE registered.

divajz:  that is correct...but I was referring to the fact that they show up as views on the stats page.  I am talking about the traffic sources pages, which I assumed were more specific.  Apparently I was wrong about that...I thought those showed up whenever I went into my own hubs to edit, etc.

Use Google Analytics.

I do check Google Analytics but frankly never have quite understood all of it.  Too busy living life to spend all of my time trying to analyze how my work is doing, especially when Google keeps slamming me!

working