jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Snippets from Hubpages on softmania4U.blogspot.com (TNot a link)

1. brakel2 profile image87
    brakel2posted 4 years ago

I think this is spam. My new hub is on a page with an identical title that goes to the above site, When you get there, and you look around, you eventually find snippets of hubs and other articles - about 200. They even list the name of author. Then a large sign comes up that says JOIN IFTTT that takes you to another page of social networking sites. Twitter has filed an action to be removed from IFTTT. Does anybody know about this site? . They ask you to join the site..

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago in reply to this

One of my hubs was scraped by that site. Well, when I say hubs, they scraped the summary, title and picture and provided a dead link to the feed, not the hub. This was particularly infuriating because the hub had not been indexed. I filed a DMCA with Google, who later informed me that they would not take action against the site, ie a take down notice, in line with their policy but suggested I contact the blogger directly, which I couldn't because it was a blogger blog with no information and also not registered on Whois.

I guess that because they gave a link (even though it was dead) and did not attempt to pass the work off as their own it doesn't count as plagiarism. Who knows?

1. brakel2 profile image87
        brakel2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Hollie - It is a sneaky way to get people to join a site by using a come on that does not belong to them. In addition, the title is the same and can take views away from our site.I knew the answer would be something like that. However, I found all sorts of info about that site, and the info about Twitter. I guess I will go back to the page with all the scoop and complaints and read it more thoroughly. By the way, my new hub has been quickly indexed, so I thought this might be good news among all the bad news I have read today. Thanks for responding.

2. brakel2 profile image87
        brakel2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Holly - I reported the softmania site to Google as spam. I put that it misleads users through snippets of articles with dead links into thinking they will read the articles. Instead, it is a come-on for users to join IFTTT with a link to that site. I hope it works.

2. Alastar Packer profile image82
    Alastar Packerposted 4 years ago

This softmania site is double trouble for us on HP now with the Idle Hubs program. When they scrape our pending stories Google may index theirs first. That G will not take action is very worrying.

3. brakel2 profile image87
    brakel2posted 4 years ago via iphone

They have pages galore in Internet with our titles and others. They are a threat. Then u get to site with snippets of our articles used to scam people. It is scary that they get away with it.

4. brakel2 profile image87
    brakel2posted 4 years ago via iphone

My hub got indexed this morning. They probably scraped it earlier. My hub was on page one with two main keywords. It later moved to the page with the scraped content and will not do well there, I know.